Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
Are you a go-getter that is friendly, dedicated to superior customer service, and looking for a healthy work-life balance in a fun, positive work environment? Good Life Physical Therapy is a locally-owned sports medicine, outpatient physical therapy clinic with two locations in Grand Rapids and we are hiring! When it comes to patient care, we are a clinic focusing on individualized care and hands-on physical therapy. We pride ourselves on our focus on manual therapy with a progressive approach that helps patients get better faster. And when it comes to our team members we value creating a healthy work environment that prioritizes work/life balance, fun, and positivity. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are the center point of our core values in our treatment of patients and employees alike.
We are looking for a warm, inviting, empathetic, and experienced medical receptionist who will act as our first impression and main point of contact at our Eastown clinic. This position is also responsible for some administrative duties primarily involving medical insurance verification and authorization. Administrative hours are scheduled away from the front desk. We make work fun and challenging! We are looking for individuals who are interested in making their workplace a part of their family.
Job requirements: Comprehensive understanding of medical insurance, with experience in insurance verification and prior authorizations. Previous medical office experience and knowledge is required. Friendly, outgoing, and professional with patients and clients in person and over the phone. Work well with others in a diverse environment and have strong work ethics. Have excellent time-management skills, be punctual, and well-organized. High levels of multi-tasking abilities with an emphasis on organization and detail-orientation. Bilingual in Spanish is highly preferred.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Verify insurance benefits and eligibility.
- Submit authorizations or pre-certifications.
- Exceptional customer service: greeting and welcoming patients.
- Communications management: multiple phone lines, faxes, mail, and email.
- Check patients in, out, schedule/reschedule, and collect payment.
- Manage and schedule incoming referrals.
- Manage physical therapists’ schedules and handle medical documentation.
- Perform any other administrative or clerical duties as needed.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and complete the attached assessments.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
As a medical facility following CDC & CMS guidelines, all staff & patients are required to screen for illness daily & wear a mask at all times while in the clinics. Physical distancing is strongly encouraged, & staying home when sick is strictly enforced.
- Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or willing to get fully vaccinated by February 28th, 2022 per CMS federal mandate for healthcare workers?
- Associate (Preferred)
- insurance verification & authorization: 2 years (Preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- medical office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One locationApply Now