Other Ministries - Part-time
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Community Engagement Manager, the Material Resources Coordinator oversees the Material Resources department of Alpha Grand Rapids (AGR) and works alongside the Development Director to assist in church engagement strategy efforts and other projects to advance the AGR mission.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inventory Management:
· Establish and maintain a comprehensive Material Donation System: donations are sorted, counted and recorded in a timely manner.
· Develop, manage, and maintain an efficient inventory system, ensuring quality items are placed in the store for clients to shop every day. Review and control the inventory supply of various items, including clothes, formula, diapers, baby items, etc. Communicate with the Community Engagement Manager when items need to be purchased or acquired in a different way.
· Prepare monthly inventory reports using an effective system to collect data. Ensure that all in-coming and out-going donations are counted and recorded.
· Maintain a list of resources needed for distribution to churches, individuals and other organizations to ensure the effective day-to-day supply of inventory.
· Ensure that the attached garage, detached garages and basement are kept in an organized manner. Coordinate with volunteers to move items from the detached garage and garage to the store.
· Manage the assembly and distribution of baby bags and salvations bags.
· Purchase goods for the store, such as shampoo, sippy cups, baby food, cleaning supplies, and any other items, as needed.
· Track material resource donations received from companies, organizations, and churches in AGR donor software.
· Analyze donations received compared with donations given and report major variances.
2. Volunteer Management:
· Possess excellent public speaking skills to groups ranging from 5 -50.
· Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Work with the Community Engagement Manager to recruit inventory volunteers.
· Interview, train, and communicate inventory policies and procedures to inventory volunteers.
· Assign and supervise the work of volunteers, ensuring that they are provided with the tools needed to perform an efficient job.
· Manage and coordinate volunteer groups.
· Ensure that all volunteers’ hours are recorded and submitted in a timely manner.
· Assist in coordinating volunteers for special events that benefit the Material Resource Department. Arrange for pick-up of donations from such events. (ie: winter coat and toy drive)
· Write thank you notes to volunteers, donors, etc.
· Cover the front reception desk on rare occasions when no other help is available.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Education: Bachelor-Degree encouraged
Reliable Transportation: Occasionally transport donated items from donor locations. Occasionally shop for out-of-stock items.
Prior Work Experience: 1-3 years of experience performing administrative, inventory management duties and responsibilities preferable in non-profit Christian organizations.
Language Proficiency: English required.
Job Knowledge: Must have strong organizational and administrative skills, including inventory management and marketing. Proficiency Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Skills and Abilities: Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Also possess supervisory and management abilities. Public speaking also required.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be a committed Christian that is growing and maturing in your faith. Must faithfully attend a local church. Must agree with the AGR Statement of Faith and demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with AGR Core Beliefs.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Development Director
Available Guidelines: AGR Employee Handbook
Exercise of Judgment: Employee should use independent judgment on how to interact and manage large groups of volunteers.
Nature and level of contacts: Staff members, Volunteers, Clients, General Public
Supervision exercised: 20-30 volunteers
Time to perform full range of duties after entry into the position: Six months