Marketing - Full-time
Ensure complete, thorough, and successful design, management and implementation of Discovery Series projects, through the coordination of multiple teams and processes. Ensure marketing strategies and plans are executed with excellence and contribute to meeting specific organizational goals. Manage production and mailing of the North American Languages (NAL) US Quarterly Packet. Manage production and shipping of South American/Ibero America Countries (SA/IAC) Quarterly Projects.
- Manage multiple ministry projects specific to the Discovery Series brand from inception to completion, including but not limited to the Discovery Series booklets, monthly packets, membership offers, and special projects as assigned.
- Exercise ability to articulate and communicate the vision, purpose, and positioning for all Discovery Series titles as a support to the Discovery Series content team.
- Coordinate copy needs for any forms of advertising, promotion, and content marketing. Provide detailed project requests for the execution of print and digital design.
- Ensure new product introductions are appropriately planned/ aligned with key functional partners in Editorial, Sales, Finance, etc.
- Identify, track, and report on each project’s scope, timeframe, and cost. Develop specific process flows for each project and make recommendations on process improvements.
- Manage production and mailing of quarterly Our Daily Bread
- packets for the following NAL: Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, and French.
- Work with appropriate region groups to acquire translation of any appropriate products, design, and translation of marketing pieces.
- Work with the Brazil office to manage production and quarterly Our Daily Bread packets to various SA/IAC offices.
- Manage partnership projects. Work with Korean and Armenian language partners for quarterly production, mailing, and shipping of ODB devotionals.
- Assist and backup other Marketing Managers as needed.
- Manage small projects for other ministry teams as capacity allows.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, corporate journalism, or similar area of study required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Marketing Project Manager and/or Agile/SAFe certification or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with marketing in the publishing industry preferred but not required.
- At least two years of professional experience in marketing planning and execution.
- Must be capable of strategic and tactical planning within a marketing framework.
- Print and digital marketing competencies are required (web, social media, email, newsletters, direct mail, etc.)
- Must be capable of coordinating multiple marketing efforts and keep track of the details for several simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and assertive in dealing with individuals/groups/vendors.
- Able to set agendas and coordinate and lead meetings as necessary to maintain deadlines and approvals for all projects.
- Capable of excellent diplomatic oral/written communication skills including knowledge and ability to negotiate depending upon need.
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment
- Must be capable of diplomatic partnership style communication with the assigned ministry effort team(s).
- Persuasion, discretion, and tact needed to educate and gain support for complex marketing efforts
External Work Environment
- High degree of communication required in networking with other organizations, consultants and vendors. Professionalism, assertiveness, tact, and persuasion required.
- Responsible for decisions that will affect public views of the ministry.
- In partnership with the Discovery Series content team, global regions, and other stakeholders, depending on the type of project, manage marketing execution for all approved projects and other projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing Communications and Project Management.
- Able to lead with excellence and provide explanation of marketing projects and processes to involved departments/individuals so that all involved fully understand project goal(s), expected results, and required services.
Stewardship of Resources
- Along with other team members associated with Discovery Series, responsible for the continued success of brands and related marketing efforts.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion