Housekeeping / Cleaning - Full-time
Seeking a detail-oriented team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, fun environment! The Service and Support Specialist will provide interior maintenance and “Five-Star” food and beverage services to a private family and their guests on various marine vessels. While based in West Michigan, the Service and Support Specialist will also be required to travel both domestically and internationally.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional service to family and guests on various marine vessels including cocktail and dining service, proactive provisioning, and interior/exterior cleaning as needed.
- Collaborate with the Wakestream Marine team to provide a safe, clean, and enjoyable experience to guests aboard the vessels.
- Maintain awareness of family food and beverage preferences.
- Maintain knowledge of and follow proper table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Obtain yachting skills including how to maintain vessels, vehicles, and equipment in pristine and ready condition. This will include washing, cleaning, detailing, and managing inventory.
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with family and guests at all times.
- Provide support for assigned family trips, deliveries, or projects as needed and assigned by the Wakestream Service and Support Manager, Director of Marine Operations, or as coordinated through project planning with other Marine staff.
- Maintain knowledge of the location of all safety equipment. Remain proficient in its use and operation on each vessel and communicate any safety equipment needs to Captain or Service and Support Manager.
- Report maintenance and other problems to the vessel’s Captain and/or the Service and Support Manager.
- Maintain all marine facilities, vehicles, and properties to a high standard including storage facilities, dockage, and staff homes.
- Organize, maintain, and shop for inventory and supplies needed for daily operations.
- Exercise open communications with all other staff.
- Participate in job-related training as required (i.e. First Aid/CPR) as requested.
- Maintain standards as set by the leadership team.
- Serve as a back up and fill in as a lead when the Service and Support Manager is not present.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Essential Physical Demands
- Requires lifting fifty (50) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work at high heights.
- Work is performed in and around water; must have basic swimming skills.
Elements of Success
- A minimum of three years of experience serving food and beverages required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow proper table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Previous experience with marine service or boat maintenance highly desired.
- Previous auto and/or boat detailing or housekeeping experience a plus.
- Must be willing to learn marine serving skills and terms and obtain credentials as needed.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. This position will also work frequent weekends and some holidays.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the vessels are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.
- Job requires travel; must have a valid passport.