Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Tekton needs a Manufacturing Coordinator who ensures our local supply chain operations run smoothly on a daily basis. You will work closely with our internal Manufacturing team as well as local suppliers to meet Tekton’s production needs. You’ll need to be organized, attentive to detail, and quick with technology to be successful in this role.
Direct Supervisor: Chief Manufacturing Officer
Some specific role responsibilities
- Manage purchasing, pricing, and demand data in our ERP system
- Review inventory demand data from our Supply Chain team
- Place purchase orders to local manufacturing suppliers
- Send production and shipping expectations to suppliers
- Attend regular check-in calls and visits with suppliers
- Update the company on current inventory levels and unexpected inventory situations
- Challenge our current methods to minimize days out of stock, reduce work in process inventory, and improve the efficiency of our local supply chain
Education, experience, and skills
You don’t need a specific degree or job history, but an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in supply chain, operations, logistics, finance, statistics, data management, or related fields could be helpful. You should be comfortable working with data management systems.
Location and hours
This is a full-time salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We’re dedicated to making the best hand tools you’ll ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.