Other - Full-time
CURE International is a Christian non-profit organization operating a global network of eight pediatric hospitals in Africa and the Philippines. Our mission is rooted in Luke 9:2 – ‘to heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom of God.’ We seek out the most vulnerable and underserved to provide sponsored surgical care to children living with treatable disabilities. Our hospitals and programs cannot function without a team of dedicated, talented professionals. We need YOU to consider joining our team so that we can keep doing what we’re doing!
We are seeking candidates for an opportunity as a Major Gift Officer (MGO)/Regional Director of Donor Relations in Grand Rapids and/or eastern U.S. region. Remote work option available in the U.S. The (MGO) acts as a professional representative of CURE to secure funds for the organization by thoughtfully managing a group of assigned and qualified donors (caseload). Through building intentional relationships and plans, the MGO has the responsibility for assuring as many donors as possible are retained as continuing donors and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. The MGO will also focus on the identification of new partners in an assigned region of the United States.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and cultivate a portfolio of 100-150 major givers and prospects with the yearly capacity to give >$25,000 in order to fund CURE’s strategic financial and operational plans.
- Create individual giving goals for each person in the caseload based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of the donor’s potential, utilizing Veritus training and methods.
- Create a plan for each donor to serve as a foundational communication and marketing strategy for each person in the caseload. Faithfully and on a timely basis, execute that plan so individuals on the caseload are retained and upgraded.
- Encourage major capacity givers to attend President’s Weekend and to participate in Vision Trips for deeper engagement with CURE.
- Work collaboratively with program, finance, grants, and development staff to secure appropriate program information, including budgets. Subsequently, create offers, proposals, and asks that will be used with persons in the caseload to secure gifts.
- Develop standard monthly reports as outlined by management that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
- Use Salesforce to manage interactions and update personal-related information to each account profile. Additionally, utilize Salesforce as the primary notification system for giving.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Salesforce and Wealth Engine reports to understand regional goals and trends.
- Acknowledge all major gifts in the assigned region and work with the Donor Relations/Development teams to acknowledge, qualify, and cultivate underperforming givers with high capacity.
- Proactively collaborate with communications, marketing, and development teams to develop and execute an annual communication plan for each donor segment (impact reports, appeals, events, proposals, etc.).
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS/EDUCATION NEEDED
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent amount of related work experience.
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience in major gift development or related field with demonstrated relationship building ability.
- Self-motivated and disciplined work habits.
- Spiritual maturity.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Commitment to understand CURE International’s current ministry and history.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.Apply Now