General Labor - Seasonal/Temporary
Seeking a dedicated and talented individual who enjoys working on a team! This “hands-on” internship will work alongside the Maintenance Manager and team to ensure the daily maintenance functions of a private residence are running efficiently.
Exciting opportunity for a student or an individual who is eager to learn, grow, and develop!
Location and Hours
Work will be conducted in both Holland (75%) and Ada (25%), MI.
This position will be approximately 40 hours/week from May – August with the opportunity to start part-time as early as March 15th and stay on through October. This position will include some weekends and possible holiday shifts if needed.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with maintenance and daily checks of interior household systems (heating and cooling, lighting, appliances, and equipment) to ensure optimal efficiency and operation.
- Assists with maintenance and daily checks of house exterior (i.e., eaves, gutters, windows, lighting, gates, fountains, pond equipment, flag poles, etc.); cleans and repairs as necessary.
- Replace filters, light bulbs, and other parts on equipment. Ensuring doors are well-oiled and squeak free.
- Perform a variety of exterior maintenance duties such as window washing, touch-up painting and pressure washing.
- Performs basic maintenance and has a general knowledge of working with tools.
- Maintains cleanliness and operation of fireplaces, chimneys, and dryer vents.
- Assist with the maintenance of hot tub, pools, waterfall, water features, and spa.
- Assist other household staff as needed on a priority basis, i.e., moving furniture, lifting heavy objects, cleaning, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness of mechanical rooms and maintenance building
- Report maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Run various errands and transport items as needed.
- May be requested to assist staff after regular hours for special events/parties.
- Exercise open communication with other household staff.
Elements of Success
- Maintenance experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Coursework in maintenance or mechanical trades preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Dedication to and encouragement of team atmosphere.
- Responsibilities are conducted in and around the home(s) of the client of RDV. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a happy home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Maintenance of home must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine times which would be least intrusive to presence of family.
- Equipment will be provided by employer; methods of operation will be overseen by the supervisor. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be utilized, the supervisor will provide guidance.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. This position will include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate power tools and hand tools.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to use a ladder in a safe manner.