Healthcare - Full-time
Providence Life Services offers a full range of services for families who need retirement living, assisted living, rehab, skilled nursing, and more. Royal Atrium Inn Assisted Living Community is seeking a full time RN OR LPN Nurse for our day shift with some weekends and on-call at our community in Zeeland, Michigan.
The primary purpose of your role is to assist in the coordination of care for our 70+ Assisted Living residents, which includes care planning, communicating with family and other care professionals, and executing triage assessments. Such management must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards and guidelines, the regulations that govern Providence Life Services, and as may be required by the Care Coordinator to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Summary of essential job functions (include but are not limited to)
- Ensure that appropriate care is being given in line with standard professional practices, resident. care plans, and Providence Life Services policies.
- Respond promptly to changes in client conditions and plan care accordingly.
- Develop, update, and manage resident care plans.
- Follow-up with resident concern notes and resolve concerns appropriately.
- Create accurate and complete documentation of observations and care.
- Obtain specimens for lab tests as ordered.
- Manage the day to day activities performed by our Resident Aides.
- Provide leadership, direction, and education to Resident Aide’s in their daily activities.
- Work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors, doctors, and the general public.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client care information inside and outside of Providence.
- Monitor care to ensure that all clients are treated fairly, and with kindness, dignity, and respect.
- Respond appropriately to phone calls concerning resident care and staff inquiries 24/7 during on call weeks.
- Must be a licensed nurse in the State of Michigan and be in good standing
- Must practice and promote the Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles of Providence Life Services
- Must pass a physical, drug screen, 50-pound lift test, fingerprinting, and a background check
- Previous experience in long-term care is a plus.
Providence Life Services offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Sick Time, Retirement Plan, and Tuition Reimbursement for those that have a school loan.