Education - Full-time
ABOUT THE GODDARD SCHOOL – KNAPP’S CORNER
Do you have passion for working with young children? Are you looking for a positive, friendly work environment? Developing relationships and expanding your social circle has never been so simple! The Goddard School at Knapp’s Corner is like a family, full of laughter and support year-round. Apply and join our team today!
We are a single location in Grand Rapids (Knapp’s Corner) that has been open since 2018 operated by our on-site owners, but as part of a larger franchise system. In operation for over 30 years, Goddard Schools are the premier preschool for children from six weeks to six years old. We have over 530 franchised Schools with more than 70,000 students in 38 states. The Goddard School uses the most current academically endorsed methods to ensure children have fun while learning the skills they need for long-term success in school and in life. Our talented teachers also collaborate with parents to nurture children into respectful, confident, and joyful learners.
At The Goddard School, we believe that some of the most profound lessons can happen during everyday moments. Our teachers work with children by encouraging their natural inclination for exploration and investigation to create fun, flexible learning experiences that foster well-rounded development in a safe and caring environment.
TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Our expertly trained and experienced teachers and staff blend the highest standards in early childhood education and development with nurturing care to help your child have fun while growing physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Ideal candidates will be caring, dependable, and enthusiastic, motivated, and work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Associates/Bachelors (preferred) Degree in child development, early childhood education, or related field or current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment.
- Support each child’s social and emotional development and provide positive guidance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with school personnel, children and parents while establishing positive relationships.
- Our philosophy is that learning shouldn’t be one-size-fits-all. Our F.L.E.X® framework gives teacher the freedom of flexibility in their lesson plans and teaching style.
- Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Personal Days
- Support Furthering Education
- Set 8 hour Schedule Monday – Friday
- 1 Hour Daily Lunch Break
- Discounted Childcare
- Flexible schedule
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Teacher to Student Ratios Strictly Followed
- Weekly Lesson Planning Time
- Support from an incredible leadership team through planned staff gatherings, parties, holiday surprises, teacher appreciation week fun and occasional treats.
Pay: $11.00 – $16.00 per hour