Building/Construction - Full-time
Do you enjoy being outside in the fresh air? Do you enjoy creating amazing spaces? Interested in experiencing the joy of artistically illuminating the Architecture and Landscapes of beautiful West Michigan properties? Then become a member of a team that encourages your contributions!
COMPANY & CULTURE
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives® (OLP) specializes in transforming residential and commercial outdoor spaces with low-voltage landscape lighting, from breathtaking backyard installations that enhance architectural features to special events or festive holiday displays. We make sure that after the sun goes down, every property we touch continues to shine.
We are a small fast-paced, customer-focused, and efficient team of lighting specialists. We launch service and installation vans from our shop located near downtown Ada (east of Grand Rapids and west of Lowell). Most of our projects are located within the Grand Rapids Metro Area. We are a full-service company providing Design / Installation / Maintenance / Service.
In addition to being part of a fun, energetic, fast-growing company, you will be responsible for bringing lighting designs to life, addressing common installation challenges and troubleshooting of systems. Strong work ethic and customer service mentality are the most important qualifications – we will train you on the rest! Part- and full-time positions available. We offer schedule flexibility – are you available a certain day or days of the week? Great! We can schedule around your availability!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installing low-voltage lighting fixtures and mounts in prescribed locations
• Speaking with the customer to up-sell other products
• Provide customer with system orientation as applicable.
• Proper care and operation of company vehicles
• Ensuring there are proper inventory levels.
• Running and burying low voltage wiring in landscape areas and lawns
• Mounting transformers and connecting wire runs
• Clean up of all areas affected by the installation.
• Providing direction and/or assistance to other installers when applicable
• Speaking with clients to inform and educate them about additional products and services available.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Has a driver’s license with a clean driving record (no moving violations or accidents in the last three years)
• Self-motivated with effective communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
• Positive attitude, trustworthy, high level of personal integrity and honesty.
• Ability to make good first impression by having a pleasant disposition and being personable.
• Enjoys interacting with customers and is comfortable meeting new people.
• Proactive, problem solver with above-average technical ability
• Attention to detail and respect for our customer’s property.
• Systematic in their approach
• Enjoys working outside, and having fun!
• Competitive hourly wage
• Bonus Opportunities
• Paid holidays
• New service vehicles and top-of-the-line tools
• Great company apparel
• Pride in working with a well-established company, quality product and high-profile customers
• Working outdoors in beautiful West Michigan every day!
Send Resume to: GrandRapids@OutdoorLights.com
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Grand Rapids
Attn: Rob Clark, 616.204.3132 (Mobile)