Building/Construction - Full-time
At Torchwood Landscaping, we transform backyards into stunning outdoor living spaces. Join our experienced team and help us bring West Michigan families together.
The landscape construction lead team member is a self-motivated, detailed, and task-oriented person who will assist our landscaping company with the construction of outdoor living areas, drainage and landscape install by being the lead installer on the job sites and subject matter expert for the crew underneath the team leader.
Our top performers are team members who love themselves and others, take initiative, and take pride in quality. Our top Landscape Construction Lead Team Members are problem-solvers and have a customer service mindset.
The major responsibilities and results of the landscape construction lead team member will be as follows.
· Lead and implement the crew in the construction of outdoor living areas, landscaping and drainage installations.
· Ability to layout the job according to design and installation to industry and company standards.
• Handle crew members on the job site and train & mentor both experienced and inexperienced team members on installation practices and life & career progression.
• Ability to think ahead and solve problems as they arise.
• Handling of delivery and handling of materials on job site.
· Continual learning and mastery of landscape construction and leadership.
• Always finding new ways to do a task that makes it easier, safer, and more efficient.
· Provides a sounding board for the business owner and team leader
· Implements preventative maintenance of company vehicles and equipment
• Attend classes to advance your knowledge and gain certification.
· Communication with customers and team members
• Ability to communicate answers to questions that customers may have about the project in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Ability to communicate with team members and management about needs and issues on the project.
• Communicating any issues that may affect attendance to work from crew members.
Depending on experience this position can be hourly or Salary (Fluctuating Work Week). Based on $22-$28/hr. Other Benefits include Paid Vacation, 401k, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, and more. Hours range throughout the year with during the season (March-December) doing upwards of 50 hours a week and offseason (January- February) upwards of 30 hours a week.
Experience requirements for this position are as follows based on experience, you do not need to have experience in all fields listed below, just in one or multiples. Classroom and on-the-job training will be performed.
Landscape Construction- 2 Years
Home and Remodeling Construction- 3 Years
Masonry/Stonework- 3 Years
Excavation- 2 Years
Tree Services- 2 YearsApply Now