Technical - Full-time
CURE International has an exciting opportunity for an Information Technology (IT) Manager at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The IT Manager is responsible for the oversight, planning, installation, management, security, and compliance of Information Technology (IT) systems for use by CURE International staff at the Mission Support Center (MSC), and at CURE hospitals when required. This position is responsible for determining the IT needs of the various departments and teams within CURE and then researching, proposing, and implementing solutions in support of these technology needs. This position provides updates, status reports, recommendations, and proposals to department heads regarding existing systems, proposed enhancements, and new solutions when needed. The IT Manager is also responsible to ensure that the use of all IT systems is secure and that data and systems are protected and recoverable in the event of a disaster. This includes participation as a key member of the incidence response team. This position is also responsible to supervise, support and guide the Information Technology Support Specialist position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide oversight and support of IT systems, applications, networks, and helpdesk functions.
- Coordinate with various department heads to ensure IT systems and solutions are meeting the required needs.
- Oversee, monitor and audit IT systems security to ensure the use of cybersecurity best practices.
- Research new business technologies and IT software to enhance the organization’s IT systems.
- Implement new software applications and computer technologies that support organizational goals and objectives.
- Create long-term schedules to determine when to update the organization’s computer systems and ensure cybersecurity measures are in place.
- Manage secure network access for remote users.
- Document IT policies and procedures and prepare informational documents and how-to guides to help CURE co-workers easily and efficiently utilize the available IT systems, troubleshoot minor computer problems, and navigate new applications.
- Answer hospital IT staff technology systems questions, guiding them through difficult issues, and managing issues that cannot be solved by hospital staff.
- Responsible for the analysis of system requirements and troubleshooting problems to automate/ improve existing systems.
- Test, install, monitor, and maintain computer systems and applications.
- Oversee work queues and priorities of technology systems projects and helpdesk tickets.
- Create surveys to gauge company employee IT needs, service satisfaction and user challenges.
- Assist in negotiating and administering outsourcing and consulting contracts and service agreements with technology vendors.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Science, or related field, or equivalent experience in related background.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in information technology systems support, project coordination, and system evaluation, selection and implementation.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience supervising information technology staff.
- International and/or non-profit experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of IT systems support, including current operating systems (e.g. Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and Linux), hardware (e.g. desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, servers, firewalls and networking devices), business applications (e.g. productivity, collaboration, cybersecurity, ERP and CRM), and IT policies and standards.
- Strong, current cybersecurity best practices knowledge.
- Proven ability to implement security risk mitigation and remediation initiatives.
- Strong cloud infrastructure platform and server virtualization knowledge (Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus).
- Strong system and application selection and evaluation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong personnel management abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Google Workspace management, administration, and support is strongly desired.
- Salesforce administration knowledge and experience is a plus.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.Apply Now