Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a private investment firm managing an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity. OAPC offers clients a single access point to top-tier middle-market Private Equity Sponsors across private equity, private credit, secondary, and GP stakes investment strategies.
OAPC is seeking an experienced Associate to support the continued growth of the firm’s investment portfolio. New Associates will receive extensive training and exposure to all OAPC processes including (1) new sponsor selection and co-investment underwriting, (2) portfolio monitoring and valuation, (3) investor relations and reporting, and (4) internal support and document management. New Associates will be expected to leverage prior work experience to be an active contributor upon arrival. Successful candidates will take on progressive responsibilities, both proactively and assigned.
Associates will primarily be responsible for supporting and assisting senior members of OAPC’s various portfolio management teams (Vice Presidents, Directors, and Managing Directors) to achieve continued growth of the broad investment portfolio. Associates will take ownership of the retrieval and organization of financial documents as well as data input and analysis to inform and support strategic investment decisions. Additionally, Associates will serve as the primary internal point of contact for cross-functional data and information requests.
Culture of Care
The OAPC team has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our sophisticated investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where outstanding quality and creative solutions are a daily expectation, take a moment to connect with us.
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fund Commitment & Co-Investment Underwriting
- Identification of prospective GP sponsors in line with OAPC’s investment criteria
- Review of prospective fund diligence materials including marketing presentations, private placement memorandums, and subscription legal documentation
- Preparation of fund commitment investment committee materials
- Review of co-investment diligence materials including sponsor-prepared investment memos and financial models and commercial and financial due diligence reports
- Preparation of co-investment investment committee materials
Investment Portfolio Monitoring & Valuation
- Review of fund investment quarterly reporting materials
- Preparation of internal reports tracking the fund’s new investment and realization activity and investment performance details to support cross-functional cash flow projections
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of co-investment financial models to facilitate semi- annual portfolio valuations
- Retrieval and review of co-investment financial reports for updating mark-to-market valuations
- Research of comparable transaction and comparable company data to inform and support investment valuation decision.
Investment Reporting, Internal Support, & Document Management
- Preparation of investment analysis and commentary to support various quarterly and ad hoc reporting to OAPC’s existing and prospective Limited Partners
- Input and maintenance of investment data within various OAPC web-based systems for internal portfolio and pipeline management and reporting
- Preparation and distribution of select internal portfolio-related communications and meeting materials
- Input and maintenance of data within OAPC’s Customer Relationship Management software (Salesforce) to support business development functions
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- 2-4 years of full-time, post-graduate work experience; prior experience in private equity investing, M&A, leveraged finance, or consulting strongly preferred but not required for consideration
- An understanding and appreciation for OAPC’s differentiated strategy as a private equity co- investor located in Grand Rapids, MI
- Team-first mentality with an emphasis on collaboration and servant leadership
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills, as well as an ability to convey information to others clearly and concisely
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality are critical to be successful
- Superior judgment and comfort level working with confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information, as well as an uncompromised commitment to the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Superior technical capabilities with expertise in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; advanced financial modeling skills and knowledge of investment valuation techniques strongly preferred; experience with CapIQ, Bloomberg, and/or other industry data providers a plus