Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital, LLC (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. OAPC manages an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity, offering clients a single access point to top-tier middle-market private equity sponsors across private equity, private credit, and secondary strategies. OAPC continues to experience rapid growth, creating a fast-paced and dynamic work environment for its employees.
The Investment Analyst will assist the Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC) Investment Operations team, with an emphasis on due diligence, investment monitoring, investment systems, valuations, and related reporting. The Investment Analyst will develop a thorough understanding of individual investments within the portfolio, including but not limited to: attributes of the deals, covenants, valuations – both at the time of the deal and ongoing adjustments; timing of capital calls and distributions; and investment waterfall analysis. In addition, this position will also provide support to the OAPC reporting and accounting teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
Due Diligence Support:
- Support the analysis of key financial metrics and production of financial models.
- Provide data for investment write ups under supervision of the Associate Directors.
- Collect documents necessary for the post-closing process and ensure they are properly filed in the Document Management (DM) system and Runway (proprietary operations system) Portal.
- Update and maintain monthly key financial metrics of portfolio companies.
- Build and maintain valuation waterfalls with guidance from Associate Directors.
- Identify relevant public comps and M&A comps for each investment.
- Perform cash flow analysis and build DCF model.
- Collect monthly and financial statement information and ensure proper filing in DM.
- Produce exit reports for investment liquidations under the supervision of Associate Directors.
- Maintain the investment pipeline report in Runway.
- Prepare weekly investment meeting materials.
- Provide accounting and reporting team with data as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for Investment Committee meetings, including quarterly investment exit summaries, write ups, and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Assist with additional projects and duties as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting, financial analysis or valuation analysis.
- Expertise in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial modeling and investment valuation techniques preferred.
- Experience with calculating return metrics such as IRRs and return multiples.
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets.
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to convey information to others clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to learn technical information quickly.
- Detail-oriented, analytical thinker.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and follow-through.
- Collaborative, team focus.
- Superior judgment and comfort level working with confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information, as well as an uncompromised commitment to the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.