Accounting / Finance - Seasonal/Temporary
Ottawa Avenue Private Capital (OAPC), an affiliate of RDV Corporation, is a private investment firm managing an alternative asset portfolio that specializes in private equity. OAPC offers clients a single access point to top-tier middle-market Private Equity Sponsors across private equity, private credit, secondary, and GP stakes investment strategies.
OAPC is seeking qualified candidates to join the firm’s Summer 2022 Internship Program. Investment Analyst Interns will receive extensive training and exposure to the overall private equity landscape, with a particular focus on middle market buyout funds, through the evaluation and underwriting of private equity fund commitments and related co-investments. Additionally, OAPC will provide each Investment Analyst Intern with unlimited access to Wall Street Prep, a platform of self-study online courses in financial modeling, to supplement the training and experience gained during the Internship Program.
The Investment Analyst Intern position supports senior members of the OAPC Investments Group with an emphasis on investment analysis and portfolio monitoring, investment systems, internal reporting, and document management. This is a short-term position targeted at college undergraduates who are interested in gaining experience and an understanding of the private equity industry by working for a private equity fund-of-funds.
Culture of Care
The OAPC team has a culture of collaboration, innovation, analytical thinking, and providing outstanding service to our sophisticated investors and internal clients. This is a fast paced and constantly moving work environment with a detail oriented team that likes to be the best at what they do both inside and outside of the workplace. If you are looking to join a team with highly experienced leaders in the private equity industry creating a fresh model where outstanding quality and creative solutions are a daily expectation, take a moment to connect with us.
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Investment Analyst Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Investment Underwriting – Evaluate prospective investment opportunities through the review of confidential investment memorandums, financial models, and commercial and financial diligence reports. Assist in the creation of investment committee materials for investment approval.
- Investment Monitoring – Assist in the ongoing monitoring of select portfolio investments including review of financial reports, board materials and other supplemental data to facilitate the ongoing investment valuation analysis.
- Investment Systems – Assist in the collection, input, and review of comprehensive data sets within the firms internal reporting and document management systems.
- Internal Reporting – Support the efforts of OAPC’s Investment Reporting Group to prepare and distribute various reports to the firm’s Limited Partners.
- Assist with additional cross-portfolio and cross-functional projects on an ad hoc basis.
Elements of Success
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related discipline – expected graduation in 2023 or 2024 preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a cross-functional, team environment required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word – a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong attention to detail.