Accounting / Finance - Intern
Responsible for supporting the Investment Accounting team by performing a variety of accounting-related duties, while contributing to a culture of teamwork, innovation, critical thinking, and outstanding customer service.
Location and Hours
This position will be located downtown in Grand Rapids, MI. Looking for a candidate who can work 15 – 20 hours/week during the school year with the possibility of up to 40 hours/week in the summer (May – August). The ideal duration of the internship is one year.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Compile and organize invoices for multiple entities.
- Enter invoices into the general ledger and review for accuracy.
- Participate in office administration duties as assigned.
- Pull files, make copies, and re-file back-up for various projects.
- Maintain, create, and assemble various paper and electronic files; shred documents.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- Current college junior or senior, enrolled at least part-time at a fully accredited four-year institution; related college coursework including intermediate accounting is required.
- Previous college coursework and/or professional work experience with various bookkeeping duties and computer applications, including bank reconciliations.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently, and be self-directed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor and service orientation.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.