Other - Full-time
This position is responsible for welcoming and showing hospitality to our guests, along with ensuring the building is safe and secure. This position also requires some administrative duties.
We are currently hiring both full-time and part-time for all shifts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Security and Safety
Ensure and maintain a peaceful and safe environment by being present where guests are at, making rounds, perimeter checks, monitoring the security cameras, monitoring the radio traffic, and searching guests upon entry.
Monitor guest behavior to ensure MTM policies and procedures are followed and the environment is safe and secure. Use non-aggressive, non-physical actions to address issues. Engage law enforcement or medical personnel as needed.
- Ensure organization, cleanliness, and proper use of the Bag Room, Tote Room, Scrub Room, Shower Room, and Heat Treat.
Interact positively with others, answer questions, provide information about MTM, escort visitors, and present a positive image of MTM.
Assist nurses with requests for aid in Profoundly Intoxicated Shelter and/or Recuperation areas
- Help guests manage their schedule and activities while they are in the mission. This includes responding to requests, offering assistance, handling mail duties, and ensuring basic needs are met.
Communication and Record Keeping
Perform administrative duties using designated computer software systems, or other method to ensure guest and shift paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
Promptly communicate guest issues or concerns with advocates and leadership
Direct and guide interns and volunteers (including community service workers), ensuring they are adhering to position requirements and MTM policies and practices.
Assist in the monitoring and reporting of building cleanliness and sanitation issues, and help with cleaning duties as needed (in particular staff storage and office areas)
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Preferred, but not required, certification in CPR and First Aid
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Preferred, but not required, experience in residential care, counseling, or crisis intervention
· Models professionalism
· Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
· Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
· Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
· Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
· Able to use fine motor hand functions
· Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
We expect all staff to project and exemplify passion to a faith-based approach to advocacy for the guests, to be humble, supportive team players, who acknowledge their own gifts and those of others, are truthfully transparent, seek input from others, admit and learn from mistakes, are highly coachable and approachable. We expect a hungry, innovative, goal-oriented, eager contributor, who shows a dedicated work ethic. We expect our staff to exhibit empathy, compassion, active listening, to be self- aware, sensitive across racial, class and cultural lines, ethical, and approachable. We look for work habits of punctuality, dependability, accountability, responsibility, cooperation, team participation, integrity, problem solving, and overall positivity.
These attributes, combined with the performance of your duties and meeting set goals/ metrics, will be the items we base your overall job performance on. Please refer to them often and feel free to ask for feedback on these areas regularly.
Note: Please use the link below to submit a formal application