Housekeeping / Cleaning - Seasonal/Temporary
Seeking a detail-oriented and organized team player who enjoys cleaning in a fast-paced, fun environment!
This fun seasonal job is responsible for assisting with house cleaning and detailing, along with the indoor and outdoor maintenance of a private residence.
Exciting opportunity for a student or an individual who is eager to learn, grow, develop, and work on a great team!
Location and Hours
This position is located in Holland, MI.
This position will be approximately 40 hours/week from May – August with the opportunity to start part-time as early as March 15th and stay on through October. This position will include some weekends and possible holiday shifts if needed.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily detailed cleaning of private residences as well as outdoor pool area and pool house: e.g. clean, vacuum, and dust floors, furnishings, hallways, fixtures, lavatories, mirrors, windows at a reachable level; change bedding, wash towels, empty trash, etc.
- Clean guest house prior to, and at conclusion of, guests’ stay and on an as-needed basis when occupied.
- Consult and work closely with the Home Detailing Supervisor to coordinate operational requirements to ensure readiness of residences for occupancy as scheduled.
- Assist with seasonal preparation of residences; requires flexibility in hours worked and duties performed.
- Monitor inventory levels and advise Home Detailing Supervisor of need to replenish household cleaning supplies and personal care products.
- Must be proactive in ensuring Estate Manager and Maintenance Manager are aware of important issues which impact efficient operations of the homes. Report household maintenance/repair problems to Estate Manager and/or Maintenance Manager.
- In addition to routine housekeeping responsibilities, specific projects related to general residential upkeep will be required periodically.
- Assist with support of special events (including being onsite for events as needed) that take place at the residence.
- Exercise open communications with other household staff.
- Use computer for household staff email communication.
Elements of Success
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and follow-through in daily routines.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- Responsibilities are conducted in and around the home(s) of the client of RDV. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a happy home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Cleaning of the home must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine which rooms to clean at what time in order to be least intrusive to presence of family, i.e. if bedrooms are occupied by family members.
- Equipment will be provided by employer, i.e. brooms, dusters, extendible dusters, vacuums, cloths, gloves, carts, step stools, ladders, etc. Cleaning solutions and methods of operation will be overseen by Home Detailing Supervisor. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be cleaned, Home Detailing Supervisor will provide guidance.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. This position will include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.