Housekeeping / Cleaning - Full-time
Seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Housekeeper to be responsible for home detailing, house cleaning, and interior maintenance of private residences. Working as part of a team, the Housekeeper will be the “eyes and ears” of the property. Successful team member must be honest, trustworthy, a good communicator, self-directed, and skilled with organizing, cleaning, and laundry. Great opportunity for someone with a hospitality mindset and enjoys a supportive, challenging, and fun work environment.
Location and Hours:
This position is located at private residences in Ada (70%) and Holland (30%), Michigan.
The typical schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm. Occasionally a 2-hour shift (approx.10AM-12PM) on Sunday may be required. Monday through Friday hours may be flexible based on candidates’ needs. Part-time hours (minimum of 24 hours per week including occasional 2-hour shift on Sunday) may be available.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our employment experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid time off programs including vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
- Consults and works closely with other home detailers and maintenance staff. Receives direction from Estate Manager.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with Estate Manager, Office Administrator Assistant, other cleaning staff, and maintenance staff.
- Daily Cleaning: great attention to detail when vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning fixtures, bathrooms, office, family kitchen, coffee maker, exercise room, mirrors, doors; making beds, changing bedding according to schedule, emptying trash, etc.
- Detailed Cleaning: great attention to detail and extreme care when handling and cleaning memorabilia, fine items, delicate chandeliers, screen porch, baseboards, etc.
- Deep Cleaning: organizing common area cupboards, washing interiors windows, completing spring and fall cleaning lists.
- Launders and irons household linens and towels, occasionally personal clothing.
- Assists with seasonal preparation of residences; requires flexibility in hours worked and duties performed.
- Greets vendors, contacts Head of Household if needed, answers telephone, and accepts delivery of packages.
- Monitors inventory levels of cleaning supplies and personal care products, reporting to Estate Manager when items need to be ordered.
- Runs errands and shops for household supplies as necessary.
- Refreshes floral arrangements as needed.
- Assists with seasonal decorating of homes, especially at Christmas. Assists with wrapping Christmas gifts.
- Properly reports household maintenance issues/repairs.
- Efficiently and confidently communicates verbally, via text and through email. Listens, asks questions, works well with others, and demonstrates a desire to be part of a team.
What You’ll Bring
- Maintains a professional and well-kept appearance. Uniform (polo shirt) is clean, nails are maintained, no cologne/perfume, hair is pulled back as needed.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the homes of the client of RDV. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a respectful home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Cleaning of the home must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine which rooms to clean at what time in order to be least intrusive to presence of family, i.e. if bedrooms are occupied by family members.
- Equipment will be provided by employer, i.e. brooms, dusters, extendible dusters, vacuums, clothes, gloves, carts, kneepads, step stools, ladders, etc. Cleaning solutions and methods of operation will be overseen by the Household Services Coordinator. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be cleaned the Household Services Coordinator will provide guidance.
- Must be responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides. Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences and presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance, and the highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to work at a physically demanding pace.
- Ability to work in various temperature ranges and in specific areas of humidity.
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time; climb steps and stairs; stooping, bending, and kneeling.
- Ability to stand on small step stool in order to accomplish cleaning tasks.
- Ability to push/pull vacuum cleaner and operate household maintenance equipment for lengthy periods of time.