Building/Construction - Full-time
The Groundskeeper will be an integral part of a dedicated and highly skilled team, responsible for providing outstanding customized service to our clients. The individual in this role will be responsible for assisting with grounds maintenance of a private estate.
This opportunity is full-time, year-round, with benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with general yard work: mowing, trimming, edging, pruning, clean-up, etc.
- Perform weed control, maintain flower beds and lawns; plant and tend to flower beds and other vegetation.
- Ensure property is clean and free of debris; ensure safe conditions at all times.
- Assist with snow removal.
- Assist with basic seasonal equipment maintenance.
- Ensure services are performed at the highest level of quality.
- Efficiently communicate with other staff; attentively listen, ask questions, work well with others, and demonstrate a desire to be part of a team.
- Assist with crucial duties of other staff if they are unavailable.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- At least 5-6 years of groundskeeping, including experience using commercial mower equipment.
- At least 2-3 years of snow plowing experience.
- Some experience with small engine repair and basic irrigation repair.
- Must be comfortable working on and with heavy equipment (tractors, aerial lift, etc.).
- Plant and fertilizer knowledge required.
- Ability to obtain an aerial lift operator license after hire required.
- Preservation of a peaceful household atmosphere is essential.
- Flexibility in schedule to meet requirements/needs.
- Must be responsible, dedicated, dependable, and a self-starter; neat and tidy in appearance; organized and reliable.
- Exemplify a positive attitude and demonstrate pride in service.
- Attentive to details to ensure the highest level of service.
- The highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to privacy must be exercised at all times.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to work at a physically demanding pace.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet; occasional lifting to sixty (60) pounds.
- Ability to remain standing for lengthy periods of time, climb, stoop, bend, and kneel.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at high heights.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to safely operate grounds maintenance equipment.