General Labor - Full-time
This hands-on position is responsible for working with a team to proactively maintain the grounds and properties of a private residence. Responsibilities will include daily landscaping, preventative care, and grounds maintenance.
Location and Hours
Full-time position with typical hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm and weekends as needed. Must be available for snow removal one weekend per month in the winter.
The position is located at private residences in Ada (70%) and Holland (30%), Michigan.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general yard work: mowing, trimming, weed removal, edging, snow removal, pruning, clean-up, fertilizing, etc.
- Assist with maintaining lawn, shrubs, flower beds, plants, and seasonal gardens.
- Maintain irrigation and sprinkler systems, including repairs and adjustments as needed.
- Ensure all walkways, driveways, outdoor furniture, and parking areas are clear of debris on a daily basis. Remove dust, dirt, leaves, and snow to ensure safe conditions at all times.
- Assist with grounds preparation and support of special events that take place at the residence, including other special duties as assigned by Estate Manager or Grounds and Landscaping management.
- Assist with tree removal and deadfall as needed, including the use of a chainsaw.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and proper use of power tools and other lawn equipment used to maintain the grounds and the interior and exterior areas of the residence.
- Exercise extreme safety and caution when using power tools and other lawn equipment, following all established equipment requirements.
- Perform a variety of exterior maintenance duties, such as maintenance building window washing, cleaning eaves troughs, pressure washing, cleaning lawn sculptures, and pond and stream maintenance.
- Assist with seasonal areas i.e., patios, pool area, grilling areas, etc.
- Assist with washing, fueling, and detailing of family vehicles as needed. Exercise extreme safety and caution if driving family vehicles.
- Assist with holiday decorating including hanging and removal of exterior Christmas lights.
- Assist with other household duties as needed such as changing light bulbs, emptying trashes, cleaning garages and storage areas, etc.
- Exercise good judgment when maintenance problems occur. Report all maintenance/repair problems to Grounds and Landscaping management.
- Assist other household staff as needed on a priority basis, i.e., moving furniture, lifting heavy objects, cleaning, etc.
- Run various errands, manage deliveries, and transport items as needed.
- Exercise open communication with other household staff.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
Elements of Success
- Landscaping/grounds experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Experience with lawn machinery and power towels preferred.
- General knowledge and basic skill level in certain household maintenance trades, such as mechanical, plumbing, electrical etc.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; organized and reliable; high level of attention to detail.
- Responsibilities are conducted in and around the home(s) of the client of RDV. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a happy home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Maintenance of grounds must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine times which would be least intrusive to presence of family.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.
Essential Physical Demands
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet; occasional lifting to eighty (80) pounds.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate small landscape maintenance machinery, e.g. trimmers, leaf blower, hedge clippers, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.