General Labor - Seasonal/Temporary
Seeking dedicated and talented individuals who enjoy working on a team! This fun seasonal job is responsible for grounds maintenance of a private residence.
Exciting opportunity for a student or an individual who is eager to learn, grow, develop, and work outside!
Location and Hours
Opportunities are available in Holland and Ada, MI.
This position will be approximately 40 hours/week from May – August with the opportunity to start part-time as early as March 15th and stay on through October. This position will include some weekends and possible holiday shifts if needed.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with general yard work: mowing, trimming, weeding, edging, clean-up, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of beaches and waterway.
- Ensure all handrails, gates, and walkways are clean and free of debris.
- Assists with other exterior duties as needed, such as pool area, watering exterior potted plants, and planting and maintaining vegetable/herb garden.
- Assist other household staff as needed on a priority basis, i.e., moving furniture, lifting heavy objects, cleaning, etc.
- Exercise extreme caution to ensure safety of children when in proximity to lawn equipment/tools.
- Report maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Run various errands and transport items as needed.
- May be requested to assist staff after regular hours for special events/parties.
- Exercise open communication with other household staff.
- Perform special projects at request of supervisor.
Elements of Success
- Grounds/grounds keeping experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Responsibilities are conducted in and around the home(s) of the client of RDV. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a happy home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Maintenance of grounds must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine times which would be least intrusive to presence of family.
- Equipment will be provided by employer; methods of operation will be overseen by the supervisor. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be utilized, the supervisor will provide guidance.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. This position will include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.
Essential Physical Demands
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate small landscape maintenance machinery, e.g. backpack blower, hedge clippers, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.