Education - Full-time
This is a full-time position, teaching first grade in our elementary Spanish Immersion program.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field, teaching certificate, with a Spanish endorsement.
The ideal candidate is one who:
• Is bilingual in English and Spanish: advanced-high to superior level, if non-native speaker • Demonstrates ability to successfully work with a variety of students, individually and in small groups.
• Demonstrates exemplary professionalism.
• Exhibits strong communication and relational skills with students and adults. • Encourages and cultivates spiritual growth in students.
• Participates in and enhances a collaborative learning community.
• Is well-organized and has the ability to adapt classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans. • Takes initiative and is well-versed in differentiated instruction and project-based learning. • Is ready for a fast-paced and ever-changing educational environment
• Integrates Biblical principles into their daily teaching as well as model those in their daily lives. • Is a Christian in agreement and willing to sign the NorthPointe Christian School’s Foundational statements.
Resumes/applications are currently being accepted until Monday, March 7, or until the position is filled. Please send resume and cover letter, or complete the NPCS Teacher Application Form and the NPCS Foundational Statements Form (located on website: www.npchristian.org) and submit to:
Amber Jongekrijg, Spanish Immersion Program Coordinator
3101 Leonard Street, NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525