Design - Full-time
Tekton needs an impressive Front-End Ecommerce Designer to make our website engaging, informative, highly useful, and attractive. You will need to deeply understand complex ideas about our brand and products in order to create meaningful and effective graphics, diagrams, graphs, and other visuals to present those ideas clearly to tool users.
Department: User Engagement
Direct Supervisor: Chief User Engagement Officer
Some specific role responsibilities
- Create effective website layouts, email designs, and marketing collateral that generates action by end users
- Translate designs into expertly written, thoroughly tested, production-ready code that incorporates smooth transitions, GIFs, videos, and animations
- Work closely with Product Developers and the Brand Department to understand key strategies in those areas
- Lead the design of new website features and effectively communicate with internal and external teams to implement those projects on time
- Continually push the user’s experience of the site to the next level
Education, experience, and skills
Location and hours
This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the User Engagement Department
This team directly engages with tool users on all fronts, creating and managing the experiences they have with the Tekton brand. We are the people behind Tekton.com—our flagship store—and our Student Program, social media, and all marketing and outreach efforts.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We’re dedicated to making the best hand tools you’ll ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.