Other - Full-time
As the Foster Care Case Manager, you will be primarily responsible for providing social and case management services to children to include but not limited to reuniting the family, creating treatment plans, ensure the child’s safety, maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all provided services, and conduct court appearances on assigned caseload in accordance with all applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide case management services, to include social work, counseling and treatment of clients, and coordinate community referrals;
- Ensure the child’s safety while in care;
- Coordinate intake and initial placement to all newly referred cases;
- Attend and be prepared for all court hearings that occur on assigned cases;
- Administer supportive social services to child, birth family, and foster family during initial placement and replacement;
- Administer case notes and documentation within MiSACWIS in a timely manner based on guidelines and procedures set forth;
- Stay abreast of all agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements related to social services;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree in Social Work or related Human Service field of study from an accredited college;
- Must have a broad knowledge of basic principles, concepts, and methodology of Human Service as acquired through a Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must exhibit an ability to apply the principles of logic and critical thinking with problem solving;
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service;
- Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks;
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality;
- Work well under pressure and adaptable to change;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Active motor vehicle license;
- Maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.