Accounting / Finance - Part-time
Thornapple Community Church, R.C.A.
JOB TITLE: Financial Administrator
REPORTS TO: Consistory and Pastor of Outreach and Administration
The financial administrator’s primary responsibility is to ensure expenses are paid when due and accurate financial information is provided to church leadership and Consistory on a timely basis. The financial administrator will continually strive to improve the efficiency of accounting related activities and respond to various requests from the pastoral team, consistory, and church members at large in support of the ministry of Thornapple Community Church.
.CURRENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Processes and pays the bills for Thornapple Community Church, including payments for both operating expenses and missional giving.
- Administers payroll and benefits for salaried and hourly staff and ensures tax payments are remitted when due.
- Prepares Quarterly payroll tax forms and annual W-2’s, W-3’s, 1099’s and 1096’s.
- Records investment income and offerings.
- Supports staff and consistory in preparation of the annual budget.
- Manages transactions within various cash and investment accounts. Creates reconciliation of cash and investment accounts on a monthly basis.
- Creates reports for Administrative Team, Consistory, staff, or other requests from congregational Teams.
- Works in collaboration with Treasurer, Consistory and church leadership to ensure the timely, accurate and concise reporting of income, expenses and cash and investment accounts.
- Attends Administrative Team or Consistory meetings as requested and scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to use a variety of online banking tools and financial and administrative software.
2. Ability to use Microsoft Office desktop applications.
3. Able to work remote, approximately 5-7 hours per week.
4. Supports the mission statement of TCC.
Compensation: $17-25.00 per hour based on experience and skill level
Applicants should have 3-5 years of experience.
Please e-mail a resume to: email@example.com