Accounting / Finance - Intern
Responsible for supporting the Financial Services Accounting team by performing a variety of accounting-related duties, while contributing to a culture of teamwork, innovation, critical thinking, and outstanding customer service.
Location and Hours
This position will be located downtown Grand Rapids, MI. Interested individuals should be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week for the 2023-2024 winter/spring semester.
What You’ll Do
- Compile and scan invoices for multiple entities.
- Capture relevant information from vendor invoices and statements using the electronic invoicing system.
- Enter monthly account activity based on bank statements.
- Review employee expense reports and compare to supporting receipts.
- Assist in compiling sales and use tax data.
- Prepare and enter general journal entries, as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- Current college junior or senior with completed or in progress related coursework.
- Previous college coursework and/or professional work experience with various bookkeeping duties and computer applications.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently, and be self-directed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor and service orientation.
- Uncompromising commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.