General Labor - Full-time
Fertilizer and Weed Control Technician Job Duties:
- Apply commercial fertilizers and pesticides to commercial and residential properties
- Identify of weeds and know the techniques needed to control them
- Monitor lawns for disease
- Keep accurate records of pesticides
- Read and implement pesticide labels and mix rates/charts
- Drive company provided truck and gooseneck trailer to jobsites
- Perform basic maintenance on fertilization equipment to ensure proper and efficient operation
Schedule: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday; occasional Saturdays and overtime required
Pay: $23.00-$26.00/hour commensurate with experience and certifications
Job Classification: Seasonal with an estimated 40+ hours/week
Fertilizer and Weed Control Technician Qualifications:
- Previous experience working with a lawn and landscape company preferred
- Possession of or ability to obtain MDARD certifications in categories 3a & 6
- Knowledge of common turf weeds is highly desirable (will train)
- Valid drivers’ license with DOT Medical card (or ability to obtain)
- Clean driving record, required for insurance purposes
- Ability to take direction and communicate effectively with customers, coworkers and management
- Proactive in seeking solutions to problems
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the shift
- Ability to carry backpack sprayers and blowers for an extended period of time
TLC offers paid time off, employer paid certifications, health insurance and 401k with up to 4% company match to eligible employment classifications.
- Apply at www.mytenderlawncare.com/careers
- Call our office: 616-456-9942
- Stop by our office: 3838 E. Paris Ave. SE; Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Why choose Tender Lawn Care for your landscape maintenance career?
Our People are what distinguishes us from other landscape maintenance companies. TLC is a family-owned (and focused) business that truly CARES about each of our team members and clients.
We invest not only in new equipment, but in the maintenance of all the equipment TLC relies on to do the job right.
We work on a wide variety of sites ranging from athletic field complexes & universities, to residential & commercial accounts of all sizes and challenges.
Whether you are looking for a summer or winter job, a seasonal position, or a lifelong career in the green industry, TLC has an opportunity for you.
We are committed to providing our employees with everything they need to succeed. We are also committed to providing the best service to all our clients.