Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
This position provides administrative support to the Lead Family Assistant in support of multiple family members living in various residences and locations.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles multiple priorities and deadlines with excellent follow through, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Keeps track of all the family members’ daily and monthly schedules and provides information to Lead Family Assistant to input on calendars. Assists with scheduling for appointments as necessary.
- Tracks changes for any calendar appointments and events and communicates them as necessary. Keeps Lead Family Assistant, family members, and friends aware of schedules as instructed.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions: prepares correspondence, notes, reports, memos and presentations, etc. on behalf of the Lead Family Assistant and family members.
- Maintains various aspects of household finances; retains receipts for credit card purchases, prepares and sends monthly expense reports.
- Appropriately routes all incoming and outgoing mail; follows through as appropriate.
- Maintains general household files, including organization and management of family folders to ensure all information/schedules are updated.
- Maintains good communication concerning daily lives of the family members. Exercises open verbal and written communications with key contacts and household staff. Relays pertinent information to appropriate contacts. Exercises extreme discretion at all times.
- Assists with family travel plans as requested and including: research, drafting itineraries, reserving hotel rooms, scheduling cars/drivers, reserving planes or other transportation, and/or food.
- Assists with planning certain aspects of social or family events in conjunction with other support staff as needed. Anticipates and plans ahead with ideas to celebrate events for the family (birthdays, anniversaries, parties, etc.). Helps with decorations, event set-up and tear-down.
- Runs business and personal shopping/errands and assists with pick-up or drop-off of people or cars as needed.
- Provides general support for Lead Family Assistant and assists with special projects and other duties as requested.
Elements of Success
- Minimum of three years of administrative support experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strives to ensure all duties and responsibilities are completed with exemplary attention to detail and the highest standards for all aspects requested.
- Proficiency in use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, technology, phone/video conferencing, and the internet.
- Excellent organization skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on projects with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; resourceful and assertive in gathering information to effectively communicate.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to establish rapport with others and establish strong interpersonal relationships.
- An attitude of striving to exceed expectations and a personal demeanor of flexibility and graciousness are essential.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours during unexpected schedule changes and emergency situations. Some weekends and nights will be required.
- Willingness to travel to family properties and other locations as requested in support of family, events, etc.
- The family’s privacy is highly important; therefore, the highest level of confidentiality in the family’s business and personal matters must be exercised at all times.