Building/Construction - Full-time
As an integral part of a dedicated Property Management Team, the Facilities Specialist will be responsible for maintaining and cleaning specified property locations owned by RDV Corporation and/or related entities. In addition to performing routine and preventative maintenance and care for the facilities, the Facilities Specialist will be expected to effectively troubleshoot, make recommendations, and/or rely on varied knowledge and experiences to resolve issues. This position will work collaboratively with the Property Management Team to provide first class service with the highest level of care while maintaining the facilities in impeccable condition. The Facilities Specialist may also provide training and mentorship to more junior team members.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a daily work-ready office environment by opening buildings, turning on common area lighting, and inspecting common area cleanliness.
- Maintain clear walkways and cleanliness of all building entry ways. Ensure the walkways are free from debris, leaves, etc. Clear walkways of snow and ensure they are always maintained in a safe condition.
- Maintain both exterior and interior building cleanliness including outside decks, lobbies, windows, canopies, exterior walls, dumpsters, etc.
- Ensure a safe office environment by monitoring, maintaining, and performing regular tests of building security systems (including emergency and exit lighting, fire protection equipment, smoke detectors, etc.)
- As directed by the Facilities Operations Manager, manage employee building card access and security camera monitoring.
- Gain and maintain an understanding of the components, operations, and functionality of all mechanical systems in the buildings.
- Partner with employees in a courteous and helpful manner to meet office needs and/or resolve issues pertaining to maintenance requests, moving and storage needs, and meeting or special event preparation.
- Oversee vendors on the performance of their work as needed.
- Document time and expense allocation records for billing purposes as required.
- Engage in the routine and preventative maintenance of the interior and exterior structures of the building and property. Conduct periodic walk-through inspections to ensure all facilities are well-maintained.
- Maintain adequate level of maintenance supplies and repair parts in inventory.
- Review building maintenance invoices; approve or resolve as appropriate.
- Maintain complete building maintenance files to ensure adequate records are kept on hand (i.e., contractual agreements, warranty information, maintenance records, etc.).
- Coordinate building maintenance services provided by outside vendors.
- Solicit and review competitive service bids with licensed contractors as needed.
- Perform routine inspections to ensure optimal heating and cooling system performance.
- Adjust and monitor the temperature and air flow of individual building staff suite areas as needed.
- Maintain and repair (or arrange for repair of) all interior plumbing systems (i.e. restrooms, sinks, ice makers, drains, etc.)
- Troubleshoot building electrical problems.
- Maintain interior and exterior light fixtures (including replacement of bulbs, ballasts, and hardware as needed).
- Monitor auto-controlled lighting systems.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for building emergencies and respond to building emergency calls.
- Run occasional errands as needed.
- Assist with specific building improvement/construction/special projects as directed.
Elements of Success
- Minimum of five years of facilities maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- General knowledge computer programs, such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- This individual must be responsible, dependable, organized, and self-motivated; a person of integrity that demonstrates a positive attitude and takes pride in the service he/she provides.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the buildings are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.
- Must work effectively and cooperatively with property management team and adjust/share duties as required.
- Must be willing to be flexible in work hours including occasional evenings, weekends, and regular rotation of on-call shifts.
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds, occasional lift to eighty (80) pounds.
- Ability to stand on step stools and ladders to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work at high heights.
- Ability to push/pull vacuum cleaner and operate small/medium cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- Occasional regional travel required; valid driver’s license required.