Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
The Facilities Coordinator will provide hands-on, pro-active, support, coordination, and facilitation of a variety of administrative activities for the Facilities Operations Manager and other members of the Property Management team at RDV Corporation. As an integral part of this dedicated team, the Facilities Coordinator will work collaboratively to provide first class service with the highest level of care while assisting in maintaining the facilities in impeccable condition.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Facilities Support
- Schedule meetings and proactively manage the Property Management team and Facilities Operations Manager’s calendars, including coordination of building maintenance services provided by outside vendors.
- Manage incoming department phone calls and emails and respond as appropriate.
- Update building maintenance files to ensure adequate records are kept on hand (i.e., contractual agreements, warranty information, maintenance records, etc.).
- Assist the Property Management team by reviewing and approving building maintenance invoices, time documentation and billing requests, as well as submitting expense reports.
- Work closely and effectively with Facilities Operations Manager to keep appropriately informed about upcoming special events and meetings, providing follow-up as appropriate.
- Provide “hands-on” support prior to, during, and after special events that take place within the building.
- Manage central supply ordering and inventory. Research supply pricing to ensure best possible price for expected quality and make recommended changes to the Facilities Operations Manager.
- Proactively stock and monitor supplies in assigned common spaces throughout the facility.
- Provide cleaning and facilities back up support when needed.
- Work with the Facilities Operations Manager to develop, coordinate and maintain Emergency Medical Response processes and ensure equipment, supplies and best practices are up to date.
- Coordinate and maintain employee parking cards and building access cards/fobs. Issue cards/fobs to new employees, work with Grand Rapids city parking services to secure additional parking spots, parking cards, and validation tickets as necessary. Resolve questions and concerns with current cards/fobs, parking spots, building access, and other related issues as necessary.
- Receive, distribute and/or take appropriate action with Property Management team mail. Delivery packages to other areas as necessary.
- Understand proper administration of, and adherence to, corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Handle multiple priorities and deadlines with exemplary attention to detail and follow through.
- Keep abreast of changes, advancements, and/or improvements in facilities maintenance and technology and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Run occasional errands as needed.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Partner with Talent Services, Technology Services, and department leadership to manage the workflow for office transitions, including procurement of artwork, furniture, and technology needs; ensuring office move-ins are accomplished with the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments and outside vendors regarding requirements and installations of furniture, technology, artwork, etc.
- Work with IT to ensure office directories, maps, and conference room layouts are updated frequently and available on the company intranet.
- Maintain inventory of facility artwork, artifacts, furniture, etc.
- Coordinate activities of on-site service providers, including but not limited to, flower and plant service and furniture maintenance; track accuracy of invoices and provides approval.
Elements of Success
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years administrative support experience required; facilities management and professional office experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, follow through on projects, and work independently.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the buildings are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in a professional manner, with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Must work effectively and cooperatively with property management team and adjust/share duties as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; database experience preferred.
- Must be possess the ability and willingness to be flexible and occasionally work non-routine hours including evenings and weekends.
Essential Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes of approximately thirty (30) pounds; stoop, bend, and climb steps and stairs.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to operate small/medium cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- Valid driver’s license required.