General Labor - Full-time
The Facilities Coordinator will provide hands-on, pro-active, support, coordination, and facilitation of a variety of administrative activities for the Facilities Operations Manager and other members of the Property Management team at RDV Corporation. As an integral part of this dedicated team, the Facilities Coordinator will work collaboratively to provide first class service with the highest level of care while assisting in maintaining the facilities in impeccable condition.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Flexibility through Remote Option Fridays (position dependent).
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
Administrative Facilities Support
- Schedule meetings and proactively manage the Property Management team and Facilities Operations Manager’s calendars, including coordination of building maintenance services provided by outside vendors.
- Handle multiple priorities and deadlines with exemplary follow through.
- Manage incoming department phone calls and emails and respond as appropriate.
- Receive, distribute and/or take appropriate action with Property Management team mail. Deliver packages to other areas as necessary.
- Update building maintenance files to ensure adequate records are kept on hand (i.e., contractual agreements, warranty information, maintenance records, etc.).
- Coordinate and maintain agendas and materials for the Building Committee.
- Coordinate and maintain Smart Sheets for tracking of work requests.
- Monitor and respond to incoming maintenance requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist the Property Management team by reviewing and approving building maintenance invoices, time documentation and billing requests, as well as submitting expense reports.
- Work closely and effectively with Facilities Operations Manager to keep appropriately informed about upcoming special events and meetings, providing follow-up as appropriate.
- Maintain and organize inventory of supplies and purchases.
- Proactively stock and monitor supplies in assigned common spaces throughout the facility.
- Provide “hands-on” support prior to, during, and after special events that take place within the building.
- Monitor security cameras.
- Provide back up support to Facilities Specialist by monitoring exterior spaces, stairways, and sidewalks. Provide cleaning and maintenance support when needed.
- Understand proper administration of, and adherence to, corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Keep abreast of changes, advancements, and/or improvements in facilities maintenance and technology and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Run occasional errands as needed.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Work with the selected vendor as necessary regarding the employee market, beverage machines and ordering.
- Partner with Talent Services, Technology Services, and department leadership to manage the workflow for office transitions, including procurement of artwork, furniture, and technology needs; ensuring office move-ins are accomplished with the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments and outside vendors regarding requirements and installations of furniture, technology, artwork, etc.
- Work with IT to ensure office directories, maps, and conference room layouts are updated frequently and available on the company intranet.
- Maintain inventory of facility artwork, artifacts, furniture, etc.
- Coordinate activities of on-site service providers, including but not limited to, flower and plant service and furniture maintenance; track accuracy of invoices and provides approval.
What You’ll Bring
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years administrative support experience required; facilities management and professional office experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, follow through on projects, and work independently.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; database experience preferred.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the buildings are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in a professional manner, with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Must work effectively and cooperatively with Property Management team and adjust/share duties as required.
- Must be willing to be flexible and occasionally work non-routine hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes up to approximately thirty (30) pounds; stoop, bend, and climb steps and stairs.
- Ability to operate small/medium cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- Regional travel may be required; valid driver’s license required.