Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Tax, the Vice President of Tax and other leadership within the Tax Department. Additionally, this position will support a variety of tax-specific responsibilities in the department, including but not limited to: timely and accurate execution of correspondence, mailing, filing, and recordkeeping regarding tax filings completed by RDV Corporation.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support for Senior Vice President of Tax, Vice President of Tax, and other Tax Leadership
- Handle multiple priorities and deadlines with exemplary follow through and confidentiality.
- Schedule appointments and proactively manage Outlook calendars.
- Coordinate meeting arrangements and set up conference calls.
- Perform a variety of functions, including typing of correspondence, reports, and internal memos; maintain filing system; send faxes; draft letters and memoranda from rough notes or general instruction; prepares expense reports.
- Work with other administrative staff to assist in coordination of meetings and special projects.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Support for Tax Department
- File and organize tax department files for tax return compliance and other tax matters. Includes updating file locations each tax year and archiving older tax files.
- Responsible for mailing of tax department filings of tax returns, correspondence, and other matters. Maintain and organize certified mailing and electronic filing records for documentation of tax returns filed.
- Scan and save to the network drive tax returns filed by RDV Corporation.
- Assist with uploading tax return records to paid preparer collaboration site.
- Set up files for each year of tax compliance including labeling files and placing files in appropriate location.
- Retrieve files for the tax department as requested.
- Deliver tax department mail and file information reporting documents received.
- Communicate with family administrative assistants and relationship manager to coordinate delivery and pick-up of tax returns requiring family signatures.
- Assist with and lead special projects as directed. Oversee and track deadlines for tax compliance, correspondence, and projects with regular communication of status to tax department leadership.
- Maintain tax department office and kitchen supplies.
Elements of Success
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a professional corporate environment required. With at least 3 years as an Executive Assistant. Experience working in a tax or accounting department beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communications. Accurate grammar, spelling, typing, data entry and calculations. Clear, confident, and friendly voice tone over phone and in person.
- Presentation of personal demeanor, which is professional, credible, mature, courteous, and gracious. Polished yet personal approach and style.
- Excellent organization skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently, and be self-directed. Work with little to no supervision or direction.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Works quickly and efficiently with calm demeanor. Exudes confidence in ability to handle all situations and requests. Uses discretion and sound judgement on when to handle directly and what items require input from others. Consideration and poise to interrupt meetings and working sessions to prioritize demands.
- Leads with a servant heart. Demonstrates willingness and positive attitude consistent with top level customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet research.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, clients, vendors, and coworkers in a highly professional manner; the highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.