Marketing - 100% Commission
Mission Statement: Motivated by the love of Christ, we promote abundant life by providing holistic services to women and men affected by unplanned pregnancy.
Position title: Event Coordinator
Position type: Staff (part-time, hourly at approximately 16 hours per week with willingness to work additional hours during event weeks)
Reports to: Marketing Director
Basic function of position: The Event Coordinator works alongside other AGR staff to plan and execute events with excellence. Annual events include spring and fall fundraising events, online #GivingTuesday event, and a Christmas event. Potential additional events include donor-hosted gatherings, open-house-style events for a variety of audiences, luncheons, and trainings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists with all event logistics, including communicating with the venue, making menu/refreshment decisions, coordinating technology needs, and event timelines
· Submits company donation requests for food and/or services
· Purchases or rents necessary items and returns items post-event
· Ensures that Corporate Sponsors and Table Hosts receive recognition and other incentives related to the event
· Recruits event volunteers as needed for event prep and/or the setup and management of the event on the day of
· Supports the Marketing Director and Finance Manager with event donation processing
· Manages post-event attendee logistics such as entering attendance in the donor database, collecting and analyzing attendee feedback, etc.
Other Event-Related Tasks
· Tracks AGR inventory of event-related materials (i.e. décor, props, serving items, paper products, etc.) and keeps all items organized in storage areas of basement and AGR kitchens
· Works alongside AGR staff members to help execute smaller, internal events such as volunteer trainings, donor luncheons, community events, etc.
· Covers the front desk on an as-needed basis
· Participates in all required staff meetings
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications for the Position
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher
· In the absence of a degree, comparable experience is required
Prior work experience: Knowledge of and experience in event planning, preferably fundraising events
Language proficiency: English required
Skills and abilities
· Reliable transportation and willingness to drive to venues for meetings, stores for supplies, etc.
· Ability to lift, carry, and move items as needed for events (ex: tables, banners, boxes of supplies/décor, etc.)
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at once, manage time well, stay within budget guidelines, and take initiative
· Belief in the sanctity of human life
· Demonstrated emotional and spiritual maturity
· Committed Christian who faithfully attends a local church
· Full agreement with the AGR Statement of Faith and AGR Statement of Lifestyle
· Proven ability to respect diversity and confidentiality
Available guidelines: AGR Employee Handbook
Exercise of judgment: Works closely with the Marketing Director and Marketing team while still using independent judgment on projects
Nature and level of contacts: Employees, volunteers, and donors
Supervision exercised: None
Time to perform full range of duties after entry into the position: Six months
If interested, please email or mail a resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Kalie Bunce
Alpha Grand Rapids
1725 Division Ave S
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
For questions, please call 616.459.9955.
Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.