Other - Full-time
CURE International is seeking a specialized and experienced Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Business Analyst to join our growing in-house technology team at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Business Analyst is responsible for defining the EMR product vision and managing the product development process with an outside software development and implementation team. Other responsibilities include managing the product development and implementation timeline and optimizing the value of the EMR software. The EMR Business Analyst will lead the product development team and EMR Taskforce to a successful implementation, rollout, and ongoing adoption of CURE International’s global EMR systems across 8 hospitals.
This position also offers the great benefit of work that directly impacts the lives of thousands of children with treatable disabilities, and their families, across 8 countries in the developing world. Growing a significant domain of expertise in the fast changing world of technology will be both a requirement of, and learning from, this position.
- Work closely with the EMR Taskforce to understand EMR priorities, including user requirements, configuration, data workflow, and best practices optimization.
- Work closely with the EMR Development and Implementation Team to manage timelines, budgets, remove roadblocks, and maximize product quality and effectiveness.
- Travel to CURE hospitals for discovery, training, and implementation to ensure compliance with CURE and EMR best practices.
- Lead the development of training material and user learning plans for the EMR users at CURE’s hospitals.
- Act as the main point of contact between the EMR Development and Implementation Team, the EMR Taskforce, and hospital stakeholders.
- Manage and prioritize product backlog items.
- Adjust, improve, and ensure the testing of each product iteration before release.
- Assist in the identification of areas needing improvement.
- Keep the EMR Taskforce, internal stakeholders and hospital leaders informed of the status of the product.
- Work with the EMR Training Manager to recommend, implement and maintain EMR policies and procedures, and to train EMR users.
- Assist hospital EMR users in running reports on patient statistics and EMR data.
- Gather, document, prioritize, and track EMR enhancement requests, and work with the CURE EMR Development Team to deliver new features to meet these requirements.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Product Owner.
- Proven experience analyzing requirements, defining user stories, and UI/UX flows/wireframes.
- Agile development methodology Product Owner or project management certification is preferred.
- Experience implementing an EMR or similar healthcare system is preferred.
- Evidence of relevant continuing education, such as Agile development methodology, product management, or IT security course certifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of healthcare best practices.
- Strategic thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Proven, in-depth knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of security best practices in managing electronic medical records.
- Familiar with EMR or Healthcare systems; OpenMRS EMR experience is preferred.
- Ability to establish priorities and proceed to meet objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage projects across internal teams, external contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to travel to Africa and the Philippines (up to 15%).
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.