Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
The DVULI Liaison and Alumni Support Coordinator supports the processes for maintaining relationships with program liaisons and graduates of the DVULI program. This position requires the ability to manage administrative tasks well and to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and experience. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to problem solve based on the needs of the customer. A special focus of this position is to ensure accurate and complete data entry, tracking, and reporting.
Remote work schedule may be available if living outside of Michigan. If working remote, travel to the office for approximately 1 week per quarter will be required. All candidates within Michigan would be expected to work in-office M-TH and may have the option to work remotely on Friday.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
Ensure that DVULI Liaisons have everything they need to be the best DVULI ambassador possible in their city. The coordinator assures liaisons policies and procedures are followed by all through the following responsibilities:
- Understand the Liaison role and all responsibilities as outlined in the Liaison Policy and Procedure manual. Make recommendations for change based on current reality, update the policy manual when changes occur, and communicate changes to Liaisons.
- Support and encourage Liaisons in their work by promoting proactive interactions, positive communication, anticipating needs, and providing effective solutions.
- Embrace and demonstrate a deep appreciation for Latino and African American cultures and communities.
- Oversee and constantly improve the use of Salesforce as a tool to track relationships and communicate with DVULI alumni. Oversee the user interface and overall data integrity. In collaboration with IT staff ensure optimal use of Salesforce to achieve Liaison goals and objectives to provide excellent service to DVULI alumni as well as to develop new stakeholders and leads in their cities.
- Serve on the Salesforce user team, participating in regular meetings and learning opportunities so this group has a solid foundation of understanding and are empowered to support others as users.
- Periodically perform data due diligence, produce internal data summaries and reports that further management and analysis of DVULI outreach through liaisons.
- Provide administrative support related to Liaisons work with alumni which may include booking travel, supporting partner organization events, executing informational mailings, ordering supplies, assisting with liaison expense reports, etc.
The Liaison and Alumni Support Coordinator also assists the Communications Manager with regular communication through the following:
- Oversee processes related to social media posting including copy editing text and proofreading, posting to appropriate sites through the organization’s social media management platform, and reviewing and reporting analytics to identify trends.
- Use the database to segment different DVULI audiences (alumni, mentors, supervisors, and other city stakeholders) and send electronic communications throughout the year. Tracks analytics and adjusts communications as needed to increase engagement.
- Assist with the production and delivery of print communications including working with vendors and creating and updating mailing lists to ensure accuracy of delivery.
- Assist the Communications Manager with DVULI website content updates in WordPress to support programming and communications.
- Assist the Communications Manager with creating and distributing electronic communications campaigns as needed.
- Assist with project coordination and tracking project budgets and expenses.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Aptitude for new technologies. Demonstrated ability to use technology to innovate process and communication.
- Experience using CRM software, preferably Salesforce.
- Understanding of Latino culture and ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, and be highly organized.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills; friendly, helpful, professional demeanor, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a team, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Shares a commitment to the Christian vision, mission, and principles of the DeVos Urban Leadership Initiative. Understands the nature of non-profit and ministry organizations.
- Demonstrates godliness and spiritual maturity.
- Some domestic travel required: Up to 1 week per trip, up to 6 times per year.
- Must be able to travel by use of commercial or private aircraft.
- Must be able to operate an automobile and be in possession of a valid driver’s license.