Other Ministries - Full-time
The purpose of the DeVos Urban Leadership Initiative (DVULI) Communications Manager is to connect with an audience of Christian leaders who are passionate about serving at-risk urban youth. This position is responsible for executing the brand and communication strategy of DVULI. The Communications Manager will coordinate and implement communications through various print, website, and social media outlets. This includes promoting DVULI to the public, creating relevant written and multimedia content as resources for DVULI alumni, and representing DVULI internally to the DeVos family and RDV Corporation staff.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Communications and Media Support
- Coordinates the messaging and implementation of all visual campaigns (texts, images, video, project schedules) with Director of Communications in accordance with DVULI brand standards.
- Serves as project manager in the development of branding assets from idea to execution.
- Helps identify public relations opportunities to enhance the name and visibility of DVULI.
- Works collaboratively with others to research, write, and edit multi-layered communications content (for both learning and promotional).
- Oversees the development of compelling communication materials to include; newsletter articles, social media posts, eblast content, promotional videos, brochures, infographics, weblogs, etc.
- Tracks and creates reports on the impact of digital media through data analytics.
- Gives oversight to the maintenance and utilizes library of created templates for printed and digital elements.
- Oversees the maintenance of the DVULI library of photos and videos for use of approved images for communication purposes.
- Manages vendor relationships and tracks all budget expenses related to visual design and production of collateral.
- Provides oversite to photography and videography at DVULI events and productions.
- Monitors website and social media pages for content and comments.
General DVULI Support
- Supports the development of online and interactive learning tools for DVULI curriculum, internal staff trainings, and follow-up trainings as needed.
- Attends conferences and events as requested to assist with general conference coordination and production support.
- Collaborates with other Foundations initiatives to share knowledge and methodologies.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or a related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in creative disciplines of communications and marketing required.
- Experience with writing, editing, digital and web communications, and social media required.
- Experience with still photography, graphic design, and video production preferred.
- Experience with PhotoShop required; experience with Vimeo, Zoom, Final Cut Pro, and InDesign preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required and familiarity with Mac Operating System preferred.
- Ability to manage budget, quotes, deadlines, contracts, projects and people.
- A desire to research and stay up to date with emerging communications tools.
- Excellent telephone and email communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the DeVos Urban Leadership Initiative.
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes of approximately thirty (30) pounds; stoop, bend, and climb steps and stairs.
- Requires occasional local and national travel; must be able to operate an automobile and be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel by use of commercial or private aircraft.