Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Part-time
Hansen Towing and Recovery is a growing company in the Grand Rapids area that will provide on the job training and give you an opportunity to advance in responsibility and income as we grow the company. We seek employees that are highly motivated, respectful, and show integrity. We are contracted with several motor clubs and have an expanding list of private and commercial local customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service and assistance to customers in a professional, respectful, and timely manner.
- Dispatch tow and roadside assistance calls, and communicate with customers
- Monitor and report truck and equipment maintenance status/requirements daily.
- Maintain personal appearance in compliance with company standards.
- Provide consistent on-time attendance to support tow calls while on duty.
- Obtain customer payments in-person and via credit card. Travel to impound lot to obtain payments and write receipts.
- Contact police departments to verify impound payout costs and submit vehicle impound information.
- Print and scan documents and receipts, and load documents into Quickbooks.
- Demonstrate respectful customer service attitude and ability to manage multiple dispatches at the same time. Must demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- Applicants must have one year experience as a dispatcher or receptionist, or have at least one year of college, and have at least 7 years of non-criminal background with no pending cases and no violent background. Criminal background check required for employment.
- Proficiency using the internet, Word, and Excel, and able to learn new programs. Experience with printers, scanners, and Quickbook receipt entries would be a plus.
- Must reside in Grand Rapids metro area within 25 minutes of down town Grand Rapids.
- Demonstrate English literacy, legible writing skills, and basic math ability.
- Possess Iphone or equivalent for tow dispatches and communication.
- Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and a vehicle to get to and from work, as well as make deliveries or pickups as occasionally required.