Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Director of Wakestream Talent Services acts as a talent related partner to the clients of RDV, their staff and assigned departments within Family Services. Through collaboration with these partners, the Director will possess a thorough understanding of current and future talent related needs, and pro-actively deliver value added Talent Services and consultancy services. Will regularly support employees at multiple levels within the organization and be passionate about identifying opportunities to meet and exceed their needs. This position is also responsible for the management and development of members of the Wakestream Talent Services team, as well as the day-to-day operations of the department. Additionally, the Director may provide operational and strategic consultation, coaching, and professional development opportunities to assigned leaders within private households.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Flexibility through Remote Option Fridays (position dependent).
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
Oversight & Hands-On Responsibilities
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the desired culture(s) and preferences within, family branches, households, and assigned Family Services departments to ensure best in class service delivery.
- Serve as a primary contact and trusted resource at an advanced level for all aspects of talent services related needs, employee relations issues, projects and programs.
- Provide guidance, counsel, and policy interpretation on a range of simple to complex talent related issues.
- Identify, recommend, implement, and train to best practices in talent related areas.
- Investigate employee concerns, recommend appropriate actions and partner with managers and employees to implement solutions.
- Consult with in-house or external legal counsel as necessary on complex employee relations matters, performance management, and terminations.
- Analyze exit interviews, turnover data, and other information, to make recommendations based upon identified areas for improvement.
- Partner closely with principals and/or hiring managers to evaluate current and future staffing needs, develop position descriptions, organizational charts, and succession plans.
- Oversight and hands-on responsibility for talent selection/recruiting and onboarding processes and outcomes to ensure an overall exceptional caliber & cultural fit of new employees, as well as providing an exceptional experience for candidates/new hires.
- Recommend compensation and performance evaluation structures that align with family and organizational philosophies; conduct annual compensation review process.
- Manage the development and ongoing review of policies and procedures to ensure that they are up to date and reflective of best practices for the desired culture and outcomes.
- Oversight and hands-on responsibility of compliance matters such FMLA, workers compensation, Jones Act, workplace safety, etc.
- Remain informed of developing human resources trends and legislation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Leadership & Team Development
- Manage and mentor staff within Wakestream Talent Services.
- Provides regular coaching, feedback, development, and overall performance management of the Wakestream Talent Services team members.
- Allocate and manage workloads including recruiting assignments, projects, administrative work, and tasks effectively across the team.
- Ensure outstanding service and outcomes are provided by the team.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Family Services to ensure overarching strategic and tactical objectives of the Talent Services team are being established and met.
- Establish and foster an environment of open communication and problem resolution.
- Present problem resolution options including potential consequences, expected outcomes, and/or risks to provide a “total picture” for informed decision making.
- Pro-actively look for, suggest, and act on alternative, creative, and innovative ways to best accomplish superior talent and employee related outcomes.
- Routinely meet with leaders within Family Services with focus on collaboration, communication, and developing synergies across teams.
- Partner closely with RDV Corporation services teams (Talent Services, Payroll, Accounting, Technology Services, etc.) to ensure applicable programs and processes are running smoothly and align with desired outcomes.
- Actively lead and/or support team and organizational change initiatives.
- Work in partnership with the Principals of individual households to develop, coach and manage assigned Household Managers.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in management, human resources, or similar discipline required, Master’s degree in human resources preferred.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Minimum of five years supervising a Human Resource team with excellent development and outcomes.
- Must possess a strong desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and lead highly effective collaboration across the team and with other business units.
- Must perform with a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Proven ability to deliver value added talent related services with a high-level of professionalism, confidentiality, compassion and a healthy dose of a “human touch.”
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently, and be self-directed.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality, while also looking at the big picture.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcends to diverse audiences.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend appropriate and productive solutions.
- Proven successful negotiation and collaboration skills to reach win-win solutions.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills with proven success in employee issue resolution.
- Hands-on experience in navigating International human resource issues and complexities desired.