Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Director of Tax Compliance is responsible for the management and oversight of business entity tax compliance and consulting. The Director of Tax Compliance will report to the Vice President of Tax and collaborate with the Executive Vice President of Tax and tax department leadership to provide exceptional service and counsel to the business entities, individuals, trusts, and foundations that RDV Corporation serves.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
· Supervision and development of tax department personnel.
· Oversight of business entity tax compliance process including workpaper design and automation, record management and retention, software platform evaluation and selection, and coordination with external service providers.
· Review of business entity tax filings for completeness, accuracy, and risk mitigation.
· Management of IRS and state examinations and notices related to business entities.
· Evaluation of investment structures.
· Identification and implementation of strategic tax planning opportunities.
· Strategic oversight of branch family offices on tax compliance and consulting opportunities.
· Collaboration on strategic organizational initiatives including client services, process and technology, talent, etc.
What You’ll Bring
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree in taxation preferred.
- Significant experience with a public accounting firm or equivalent.
- Must have a strong attention to detail with the ability to understand complex tax issues.
- Must display strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrates exceptional accuracy and ownership of project work and results including following through on commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal, and written communications skills with the ability to collaborate with a variety of people including internal team members, business executives, clients, external partners, vendors, and government representatives.
- Uncompromising commitment to highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.