Food Service - Part-time
Summary of Responsibilities:
Dégagé Ministries is seeking part time employee to serve as our Dining Room Supervisor. The Dining Room Supervisor reports to the Operations Director and oversees the kitchen and dining room.
The Mission Statement: To reflect the love of Christ to all who come through our doors by building relationships and offering programs that foster dignity and respect. The Vision Statement: For those we serve, we will be a community that overcomes obstacles, celebrates transformation and realizes the full potential of all as children of God.
Statement of Faith: Employees affirm and accept the ministry of Dégagé to be a faith based organization founded on the message and love of Jesus Christ and further affirm the mission statement of Dégagé as stated above. Employees will be asked to sign a Statement of Faith at time of employment.
· A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed in an inner-city ministry setting.
· The ability to work with, encourage, motivate and lead people from all areas of the social spectrum.
· The ability to set the example for volunteers and others for treating those who we serve with dignity and respect.
· The ability to convey with passion the goals and vision of Dégagé to volunteers.
· The ability to delegate, organize and prioritize independently.
· Possess the ability and desire to be a team player working to fulfilling the mission statement of Dégagé alongside of other staff members.
· ServSafe certificate and/or basic knowledge of Health Department rules and regulations. The ability to enforce Health Department regulations.
· The ability to comfortably lift and move up to 25 pounds without accommodation.
· Open the facility at the scheduled time and set alarm before leaving facility.
· Follow checklist provided by Operations Director for responsibilities to be completed before the meals.
· Greet volunteers as they arrive. Have them fill in sign-in sheet and wear name tag.
· If any volunteers have not been to Volunteer Orientation, inform them that it is mandatory. Have them Huddle staff and volunteers prior to serving. Go over Health Department regulations, security guidelines, and Mission Statement. Open in prayer.
· Maintain contact with the volunteers throughout the evening making sure the group leader knows where you are in case a need arises.
· Along with Security maintaining a safe, welcoming environment in the dining room.
· Covid-19 screening as needed
This is a part time position. Some flexibility to attend staff meetings is expected. Rate of pay will be determined at time of hire. This is an “at will” position.