General Labor - Part-time
Delivery Driver & Warehouse Worker
Reports to: Store Manager Department: Retail
Location: Kentwood FLSA: Non-exempt
Shift: Part Time Pay Grade: R-1
- Drive truck or other vehicle over established routes or within an established territory and sell or deliver products, or pick up or deliver items.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles – frequently lifting multiple packages up to 50lbs and navigating stairwells while handling packages.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for products delivered or loaded.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution.
- Use hand or mail handling machines to time stamp, open, read, sort, and route incoming mail; and address, seal, stamp, fold, stuff, and affix postage to outgoing mail or packages.
- Wrap packages or bundles by hand.
- Affix postage to packages or letters by hand, or stamp materials, using postage meters.
- Break down boxes and packing material for re-use or recycling to maintain a clean warehouse.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, maintaining them over time.
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Transportation — Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment.
- Tools & Technology – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and an ability to navigate e-mail, Point of Sale, Internet, database and inventory management software.
- Sociability – Ability to provide outstanding service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment.