General Labor - Full-time
We are looking for a motivated person for a full-time manufacturing position at our digital book printing company to run a paper guillotine cutter, and other miscellaneous duties. The position includes competitive hourly wages, opportunities for pay increases, and full benefits including; 401k, dental, and health. Job training is available, no prior experience in print industry needed. All shifts available, with shift premiums for both 2nd & 3rd.
Basic job duties would include:
- Review job tickets to determine specs and set up equipment accordingly
- Paying close attention to cutting quality, including but not limited to; paper draw, knife positions and knicks, square jogging and alignment, etc.
- Paying close attention to print quality, including but not limited to; print registration, image quality, paper marks and issues
- Managing schedule and implementing preventive maintenance on cutter
- Miscellaneous other roles, including, but not limited to; operating a 3 knife trimmer in coordination with binder operator, boxing books and shipping, assisting on the binder as needed.
Required skillsets include:
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with modern manufacturing practices and methods
(manufacturing experience preferred)
- Understanding or basic knowledge of FedEx, UPS, and USPS shipping
- Ability to read and understand standard job tickets and follow information
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Basic electronic and computer knowledge
- Ability to stand/walk entire shift and lift cartons up to 75# regularly.
- Reports directly to shift supervisor
- May supervise bindery helpers assisting with cutting
- Has internal collaboration with other finishing operators, helpers, shift supervisor, and general manager.
We are a rapidly growing branch in a group of sister companies that include a publishing arm, a book printer, and a book design firm. If you are committed, hardworking, and a quick learner, you will have the opportunity to grow with us, should you desire.