Sales - Part-time
Reports to: Store Manager Department: Retail
Location: Kentwood FLSA: Non-exempt
Pay Range: $11.00 – $13.50/HR. Shift: Part-time
- Provide every customer with hospitality and excellent customer service for an overall customer experience that is positive, pleasing, and inspires customer loyalty.
- Strive for excellence in communication with customers and colleagues, both in person and over the telephone or in person to provide information about products or services we offer.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, upcoming events, and security practices.
- Maintain knowledge of existing inventory, new publications, and best sellers to recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Create and submit special orders for customers per company guidelines.
- Process purchase transactions on the store’s POS system, demonstrating knowledge of policies regarding payment and exchanges, discounts, and coupons.
- Sticker, arrange, shelve, and display merchandise appropriately to promote sales
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, maintaining them over time.
- Strive for excellence in communication with customers and colleagues.
- Must read voraciously!
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Previous retail experience is preferred but not required.
- Customer and Personal Service – Ability to assess customer needs and provide outstanding customer service.
- English Language & Mathematics – Knowledge of the structure of the English language including the ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats. Knowledge of the basic principles for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, and currency.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Tools & Technology – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and an ability to navigate e-mail, Point of Sale, Internet, database and inventory management software.
- Sociability – Ability to provide outstanding service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment.
- Ability to Multitask – job requires an ability to handle multiple tasks at once without losing priority or focus for each individual task.
- Availability – store hours of operation require flexible availability, including evenings and Saturdays
- Physical Qualifications – Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, with the ability to lift, bend, and twist as required.
Baker Book House Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now