Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Our Controller – Financial Services role is a key management position within our Accounting Team. They will lead the Financial Services team accountable for financial reporting, core accounting, payroll, benefits administration, and other financial activities related to services provided to the clients of RDV Corporation, the organization itself, and its affiliates. The Controller is responsible for meeting overall service delivery requirements, maintaining a strong control environment and contributing to the overall strategy and operational improvements of the Accounting Team.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Flexibility through Remote Option Fridays (position dependent).
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
Leadership and Oversight
- Provide strong and effective management and development of individual employees. Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate their work, and provide transparent feedback for ongoing growth and development.
- Ensure that employees’ talents are efficiently being utilized. Equip employees with the resources necessary to be innovative and successful in their roles and to help achieve the Company’s vision.
- Accountable for building and leading high performing teams in area(s) of leadership responsibility, ensuring all teams are aligned and collaborating to achieve superior service, operational, and financial results.
- Ensure the establishment of best-in-class policies, practices, and programs within area(s) of leadership.
- Strategically lead projects and initiatives within the Accounting Team and as a key member of cross-functional teams, ensuring the right people are involved and/or informed at the right time.
- Assist with additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Develop an expertise in the Company’s general ledger and integrated reporting systems to ensure integrity in a complex environment.
- Develop and review reports and analyses prepared by the Financial Services accounting group, including family net worth reports, financial statements and cash flow projections for the families, financial statements, management reporting and annual budgets for RDV Corporation and other key operating entities, and annual trust accounting reports. Provide necessary assistance to the Tax Team in preparation of federal and state income tax returns.
- Operate in both an active and supervisory role in review of operating account disbursements, general ledger postings and reconciliations and general ledger maintenance.
- Provide ad hoc reports and client reporting and analysis to the CFO as requested.
- Key member of team responsible for selecting and implementing new accounting systems as part of our technology roadmap.
- Lead service enhancement, process improvement and efficiency initiatives within the Financial Services group.
- Monitor existing controls and develop new internal controls as new systems and processes are implemented.
What You’ll Bring
- CPA with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a combination of public accounting and industry.
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful leadership of a team.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and interpersonal skills required for managing in a complex environment, including leading change, building culture, and coaching, development and growth of individuals and teams required.
- Proven successful project management and leadership acumen.
- Experience managing and developing financial reporting and internal controls.
- High level of proficiency in accounting systems.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, project management, organizational, and communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and self-review of work product.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management professionally and confidentially.