Accounting / Finance - Full-time
CURE International has an exciting opportunity as a Controller at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day financial management of all CURE matters, establishing and enforcing strong internal controls, ensuring accurate financial reporting, and specifically focusing on budget management and reporting (internal and external). The Controller plays a vital role in overseeing cash flow planning, budgeting, reporting, and tracking operational metrics (KPIs). The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of project and budget tracking methods, financial reporting, and the ability to develop forecasting models. The Controller also ensures timely completion of the organization’s financial audits and the accurate and timely preparation of all governmental financial reports, including the 990.
- Assist the CFO in developing and managing the organization’s budgets, ensuring alignment with strategic goals and objectives.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports, including monthly financial statements, budget-to-actual reports, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to support decision-making processes across the organization.
- Collaborate with department heads to monitor and manage budget performance, identifying and addressing any variances or discrepancies.
- Collaborate with project managers/owners to monitor and manage project budget performance, identifying and addressing any variances or discrepancies.
- Assist in the establishment of policies and procedures to standardize the financial controls of the organization, both domestically and internationally. This will include frequent communication with field staff, both remotely and worldwide (various CURE facilities).
- Support the annual financial audit process and coordinate the timely completion of all required governmental financial reports.
- Conduct financial analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, and provide recommendations for improving financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Stay updated on relevant accounting standards, regulations, and best practices in the non-profit sector, and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with the accounting team to ensure accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and maintain an organized and efficient financial filing system.
- Support the CFO and leadership team in ad-hoc financial projects, strategic planning, and decision-making processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; CPA or other relevant professional certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial management, preferably in a non-profit or healthcare organization.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting, and accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, forecasting, and the use of financial software and tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership and management abilities. Open and collaborative style of leadership and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong working knowledge of business principles and financial reporting techniques.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.