Marketing - Full-time
Content Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Manager Department: Retail
Location: Kentwood FLSA: Non-exempt
Support the marketing department with the planning, executing, and tracking of content marketing initiatives on BakerBookHouse.com, including the curation, creation, and deployment of graphic, video, and text-based product content.
- Independently create and manage a content editorial calendar for the Marketing Manager.
- Consult with department buyers to obtain information on products.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering appeal, audience personas, market receptivity, etc.
- Completing writing projects, meeting deadlines, and following content requirements in terms of style and project specifications
- Consult with industry publishers to obtain content marketing assets.
- Utilize Photoshop & InDesign software to design creative graphics, assets, photos, and layouts that adhere to the BBH Brand Guide.
- Develop copy, writing to customers in their terms so that the advertiser’s sales message is more readily received.
- Allocate space for copy, photos, graphics, videos, or other content according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Monitor trends in digital content marketing, applications, design, and strategy; participate in on-going training.
- Develop and expand community and influencer outreach efforts.
- Analyze campaign results, traffic, and analytics, and compile reports showing results (KPI measurements & ROI).
- Proofread, restructure, and edit articles, interviews, book reviews, and blog posts by content creators.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics within copy using standard reference sources.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling using track changes in Microsoft Word.
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- English Language – Advanced knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products.
- Sociability – Ability to provide outstanding service to others & work in a friendly non-competitive environment.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Completing writing projects, meeting deadlines, and following content requirements in terms of style and project specifications.
- Tools & Technology – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Mailchimp, Google Drive, and Photoshop, and a basic understanding of CRM (customer relationship manager).
Education: 4–year bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, or related field.
Experience: 1-2 years of previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for this occupation.
Baker Publishing Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now