Other - Full-time
Edit copy, articles, and manuscripts for accuracy, organization, flow, appropriate style, sound biblical exegesis, clarity and conciseness of language, word choice, and appealing presentation.
- Along with the other Our Daily Bread (ODB) editors, evaluate all new article submissions and perform substantive editing for ODB articles from authors assigned to you; return articles to author, either rejecting or giving feedback for revision; send articles to authors for final approval.
- Perform line edits, copy edits on and/or final proofing of a variety of Our Daily Ministries (ODBM) resources including Our Daily Bread University courses and marketing copy, Our Daily Bread Dailies scripts and marketing copy, Discover the Word discussion guides, God Hears Her blogs and marketing copy, letters from the ODB president, ODBM newsletters, Discovery Series Booklets, Our Daily Bread Publishing marketing pieces, and more.
- Team with another ODB editor to put together at least two ODB special editions each year, under the direction of the Executive Editor.
- Pull together and distribute monthly ODB reader comments.
- Attend and participate in all ODB-related meetings as requested.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- B.A. and/or M.A. degree in English, Publishing, Journalism, or related field; B.A./M.A. in Theology preferred.
- Extensive editing experience with ten or more years’ experience in a publishing setting with progressive responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Theological and biblical background.
- Timeliness—ability to meet deadlines.
- Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
- Extensive communication with those involved in a variety of ODBM ministries.
- Communication may be technical and theological and must be timely, accurate, and diplomatic.
External Communication Requirements:
- Frequent communication with ODBM authors, reviewers, project managers, readers.
- Requires discernment, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Partly responsible for communication with Our Daily Bread Ministry’s worldwide community.
- Gives direction to writers.
- Influences content decisions.
Stewardship of Resources:
- Careful stewardship of all work-related resources.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now