Other - Full-time
Lead and manage both digital and print Reclaim Today content efforts, including content planning, scheduling, coordinating, assigning, writing, and editing. Work in collaboration with the Reclaim Today team members on any content efforts. Work in collaboration with Reclaim Today team to create content that meets felt needs of audience.
- Plan and execute content plans for each calendar year. Ensure sufficient content pieces and articles are scheduled and published on a regular basis.
- Conceptualize, lead, and develop written content that aligns with our goals for helping those in their 20s and 30s connect with God in the ordinary, extraordinary, every-day moments of life.
- Build and maintain a strong and reliable base of content contributors (paid, volunteer, and interns) from US to populate written content for all channels.
- Ensure Reclaim Today and ODBM have the legal distribution rights to all created content.
- Act as coach and player to lead content development and editorial with all stakeholders (including contract editors, writers, contributors, designers, interns, etc…) focused on relevance for the US audience and specific Reclaim Today personas.
- Support marketing and distribution efforts across various channels (online, email, social, mobile, print) by editing a variety of formats targeting a US audience (including but not limited to digital first social content, blog posts, long form articles, marketing copy, and physically published works).
- Work towards a cohesive and collaborative relationship with the Our Daily Bread Ministries to ensure editorial and theological standards are met.
- Ensure the Bible is faithfully and accurately represented in every content piece.
- Work with ODBM marketing team to create content that could be helpful to broader ODB audience.
- Lead and manage Reclaim Today’s house style and brand voice to ensure all written content sounds like Reclaim Today.
Study or Knowledge or Experience:
- BA Degree in English, Communications, or related field
- Strong communication skills
- Competent across various digital media (text, video, visual, etc.)
- Both a writer and an editor, able to self-edit and take feedback effectively
- Able to multitask and manage numerous projects with different deadlines simultaneously
- Digitally savvy & detail-oriented
- Knowledgeable of trends and issues affecting those in their 20s and 30s
- Comfortable with talking to people and handling presentations
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development
Internal Work Environment:
Involves communication with individuals on the Reclaim Today Team, both locally and globally, as well as throughout the organization. Discretion, accuracy, and tact are required to be successful.
Extensive outside communication with the Reclaim Today audience as well as volunteer writers (contributors) and contract editors/writers, requiring an accurate understanding of Reclaim Today’s messaging style, effective representation of Reclaim Today’s housestyle, and considerate delivery of feedback, especially with contributors/editors.
Lead existing and new content initiatives. Give direction and feedback to Reclaim Today writer contributors, contract editor, and any future content interns.
Stewardship of Resources:
To manage contract editors/writers, and ensure Reclaim Today budget in these areas is well spent.
Some international and domestic travel could be required.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion