Other - Full-time
- Perform all levels of manuscript editing.
- Oversee freelance editors.
- Review and evaluate proposals for appropriateness for audience, theological and biblical accuracy, freshness of content, and quality of writing.
- Write proposals for new products using original or existing content.
- Prototype book ideas and develop samples.
- Edit marketing copy.
- Participate in project planning.
- Guide special projects, from soliciting quotes to planning to managing content and development.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- B.A. and/or M.A. degree in English, publishing, journalism, or similar field
- Strong editorial skills with seven or more years’ experience in a book publishing setting
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills
- Theological and biblical familiarity and experience in communicating spiritual truths
- Alignment both personally and professionally with the overall mission and goals of the ministry
- Writing experience strongly preferred
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
- Communication with those involved in book production, marketing, and distribution
- Communication may be technical and theological and must be timely, accurate, and diplomatic
External Communication Requirements:
- Communication with outside authors and other publishing professionals requires discernment, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Provides direction to authors and freelancers
- May seek out writers as needed
- Influences content decisions
- Guides biblical and theological content
Stewardship of Resources:
- Decisions made will have an impact on the budget
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion